Dpms trigger

lodiyote hntr

My dpms praire panther has a 2-stage trigger, and after looking at them in this years catalog online they say they come with a 2-stage match trigger. Mine has green springs does it have a match trigger? Or is that how they just are?

I just got my dpms prairie panther a couple weeks ago and was shooting it the other day thinking the trigger was too heavy. It is crisp but, to me it could be lighter. It has a green spring as well.

It may just seem heavy because I was also shooting my savage predator with the accutrigger. I have never messed with adjusting it and not sure what they come from factory but, it is perfect. Light and crisp. Maybe you don't want a really light (2 lb) trigger in an AR? I don't know...i am new to the AR.

Most of the Savage Accu-triggers come set from the factory at about 3.5 - 4 pounds and can be adjusted down to about 1.5 pounds without any other modifications...

Most factory ARs have really crappy triggers but it sounds like your has the JP springs installed and this will make a substantial improvement, but still be pretty heavy if you are wanting to do any kind of 'bench' type shooting...

Swapping over to a RR Two Stage and keeping the JP springs will be an even better trigger for not much money..For a real improvement, consider dropping in a Jard, Chip McCormick or Timney trigger...If you really want to go 'uptown', then consider a Geissele, American AR Gold, or Jewell...

For hunting applications, I don't think you want a really light trigger, especially if you generally hunt with gloves on your hands..Too much risk of an accidental discharge..

If my accutrigger (that I've never adjusted) is 3.5 - 4 lbs, then my two stage prairie panther trigger must be like 7 lbs!

What are the advantages in the "uptown" triggers? Are they designed for bench shooting thus very light?

IMHO Geissele makes the absolute best trigger available. They have quite a few variations for different types of shooting. I have two SSA-E's and a SD-E. I went from a standard trigger with the JP spring kit to a Rock River NM, then to an adjustable Jard next came the skeleton Timney and finally the Geisseles. I should have gone there to begin with and saved myself a lot of money..

I think that anything below 3lbs-ish is too light for an AR. Especially in colder weather where you have gloves on or lose a little feeling in your fingers. The Jard I had was adjusted to about 2lbs and I would get the occaisional double tap type trigger pull without wanting to.

Back