Remi R-15 vs ?????

Jabey9210

I have a remington R-15. It is the first AR I have ever owned I wasn't too fond of it when I first got it because I couldn't get less than 2" groups at 100yrds because the trigger was so horrible but after installing a new trigger I fell in love with it. It is really the first AR I have ever shot. My question is how does the remington compare to some of the other AR's? Is the remington in the same league or should I start planning on a new build to get the full AR experience?

Last edited:
Whether the R15 is as good or not is not the issue. Build one for the full experience. There are some very awsome cartridges that can be used in the AR15 platform and building them makes them that much better.

By the way, the only experience I have with the R15 is a few shots from one that my friend owns, it seems like a good AR to me.

Last edited:
One problem with building your own or getting a custom Upper done is the wait time, Remingtons are a fine option

Originally Posted By: GMMWhether the R15 is as good or not is not the issue. Build one for the full experience. There are some very awsome cartridges that can be used in the AR15 platform and building them makes them that much better.

By the way, the only experience I have with the R15 is a few shots from one that my friend owns, it seems like a good AR to me.

I have the 24" stainless barrel and love it. Wouldn't trade it for any of them. I've shot plenty of other ar's. Little bit heavier than most, but I knew that when I bought it. Ammo makes a big difference. To answer ur question I would put it up against any other factory ar.

I had 3 R15s and would of put them up against any factory AR15. Nothing at all bad with them, cept the trigger which is the issue on most of any stock AR15. The ones I had were accurate as all heck.
Then I sold all the AR15s and went back to bolt guns.

RGVT4

..... The Remington R 15 rifles are the same as Bushmasters.... Remington and Bushmaster are currently owned by the same Parent Company.... I believe that it is the Remington R 25 rifles that are made by DPMS....

Regardless,,, they are mighty fine rifles and I love mine!!! I did replace the trigger with a Timmey 3# and it made a good rifle a GREAT rifle... Mine will shoot most anything MOA or better and my hand-loads are sub 1/2" MOA....

I do have a RRA Fred Eichler Predator as well as a RRA 6.8 SPC on order....
wink.gif

------------

Originally Posted By: Hobo27
RGVT4

..... The Remington R 15 rifles are the same as Bushmasters.... Remington and Bushmaster are currently owned by the same Parent Company.... I believe that it is the Remington R 25 rifles that are made by DPMS....

Regardless,,, they are mighty fine rifles and I love mine!!! I did replace the trigger with a Timmey 3# and it made a good rifle a GREAT rifle... Mine will shoot most anything MOA or better and my hand-loads are sub 1/2" MOA....

I do have a RRA Fred Eichler Predator as well as a RRA 6.8 SPC on order....
wink.gif

------------

Remington is owned by the Freedom group. They also own DPMS and Bushmaster. The 300 Blackout is only available because Remington also bought AAC ( suppressor company ) and mad it a joint venture.

Freedom group also owns the following companies.
REMINGTON
BUSHMASTER
REMINGTON MILITARY
REMINGTON LE
MARLIN FIREARMS
H&R 1871
DAKOTA ARMS
DPMS / Panther Arms
PARKER GUNMAKERS
BARNES BULLETS
ADVANCED ARMAMENT
PARA USA
REMINGTON PMPD
MOUNTAIN KHAKIS

Originally Posted By: 17tacticalOne problem with building your own or getting a custom Upper done is the wait time, Remingtons are a fine option

Originally Posted By: GMMWhether the R15 is as good or not is not the issue. Build one for the full experience. There are some very awsome cartridges that can be used in the AR15 platform and building them makes them that much better.

He has one R15 as stated, I just reminded of the countless possibilties one has by building one, or at least an upper. Too much good stuff out there not to list a personal build, not to metion the feeling you get when your own hands put it together.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back. I am super happy with it since I put the new trigger in it. I went with a Jard and it made all the difference in the world!!

Back