Finally arrived

Longnkrnch

Just showed up last night outta the blue. RRA ATH upper. Wasn't expecting it for another month. Got the scope and lower mounted up and just waiting for the weekend to pop off a few rounds.

Haven't taken any yet. Will do that and figure out how to post them. I ordered it wit the bead blasted barrel and BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Both wise choices. Mounted a Nikon P 223 3-9 scope, not so wise, but will do for now. Used a DPMS Carbine lower with a Bill Springfield trigger. A few more goodies in the works, but as my dear departed mother used to say "you gotta crawl before you can walk"

It's nice and clear and I'm sure will be accurate. Not sure about those tactical turrets though. They move too easily and have no provision for locking them in position. Going in and out of a case. Or even rubbing against my body while slung might move them. Beyond that, no problem. Plus the elevation turret says 55grain polymer tip. So not sure how accurate elevation changes will be for other ammo like say M193. Time will tell. I hear you can purchase turrets for other rounds, but haven't seen any yet.

Did the old look through the barrel bore sight, then took it out for a test run. At 35yds, took 4 rounds to get in the bulls eye, then after that, they all were pretty much in the same hole. Very happy so far. It was gettin dark on me so will take it to 100yds tomorrow.

Back