Self -Aggrandizement Run Amok

Using drones to secure our borders is one thing. To use them against our citizens is another. If your car was stopped and searched as your family traveled to church, barring probable cause or reasonable suspicion, would that be a problem? Is it better that a much worse and ongoing violation of people's rights should be allowed to go on, just because the average person doesn't notice the drone in the sky? I'm all for investigative action, and have done plenty. If I violated anyone's constitutional rights I would be sued and lose my job, and for good reason. I have one more post to include for thought, then I'll stop taking up so much space, but the issue is important.

Drones used on farmers in midwest
Congress has launched an inquiry into the EPA’s use of drones to monitor the livestock activities of farmers in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.

In the latest escalation of the government’s all out assault on freedom and liberty in America farmers have become the latest target Uncle Sam’s multibillion dollar spy-machine.

The EPA is now using the same drones the military uses to track and assassinate people overseas to spy on the livestock activities of farmers throughout the Section 7 area of the midwest United States which includes Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.

A bipartisan group of lawmakers is demanding answers about privacy and other concerns from EPA Director Lisa Jackson who defends the practice as cost-effective.

American citizens should not only be demanding answers but should also be demanding an immediate stop to the use of drones to spy on Americans far outside of the realm of protecting us us from terrorists which was the deception used to trick us into accepting their use in the first place.

Instead, we see the drones being armed with lethal and less than lethal weapons as the law-abiding U.S. citizens going about their daily activities becomes the drones new targets.

Farmers are now being spied on by EPA drones, but where does it stop?

In terms of cost effectiveness, you could eliminate 2/3rds of the police and other enforcement officers across the nation and use that money to assign a drone to every man, woman and child in America.

Will zoning enforcement officers now start using drones to monitor construction workers as they build houses? Will spy drones be used to send you a ticket for spilling a few drops of gas when fueling your car? Will spy drones soon track and follow every single person as they leave their house and drive to work? Will pedestrians being ticketed for J-Walking? Will we start getting tasered and ticketed because a piece of paper flies out of our window or falls out of our shopping bags? Will we start getting tickets for running stop signs every time we don’t come to a complete stop and wait a full three seconds before proceeding? Traffic tickets for accidentally go a couple of miles over the speed limit? Making a lane change when no one else is around before signalling for 100 feet in advance?

EPA Using Spy Drones to Fly Over Midwestern Farms

What is the EPA doing with spy planes? And why are they flying them over farmland in the midwest?

A bipartisan group of Capitol Hill lawmakers is pressing EPA Director Lisa Jackson to answer questions about privacy issues and other concerns after the agency used aerial surveillance to monitor livestock operations over their home state of Nebraska.

The letter asks nearly two-dozen questions including why the inspections are being conducted, how many flights have occurred and whether they have resulted in any enforcement activities.

“Nebraskans are rightfully skeptical of an agency which continues to unilaterally insert itself into the affairs of rural America,” Smith added.

The Environmental Protection Agency uses aerial surveillance across a swath of the Midwest know as Section 7 – which includes Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri — and has defended the practice as cost-efficient.

Cost isn’t the issue, as the EPA surely knows. What they’re doing using spy planes over the US, for what purpose, and what are they doing with the information they’re gathering — that’s the issue.

While I am an environment activist myself I will be the first one to stand up and say whoever authorized this needs to be flat-out tar and feathered because this is wrong for so reasons.

First of all, Uncle Sam is violating the trust of the American people who have consented in silence to the use of these spy drones in U.S. skies to keep them safe from terrorist attacks.

Clearly this is a blatant invasion of privacy and while US law allows the government to monitor individuals without warrant in public places the law needs to be clarified to stipulate at least having probable cause to do so.

We now live in a day an age where technology literally allows the government track everyone’ activities everywhere they go.

With the advent of silent miniaturized bug sized drones they can spy on you from outside your house through your windows, which is considered in public view and subject to monitoring without a warrant.

In regards to the farmer’s being spied on what enrages me most are the EPA’s ill motives behind such monitoring.

There are many corporations that continue to destroy our environment and poison the air, water, and food supply that the EPA should be monitoring but instead they choose to attack and monitor the livestock activities of small rural farmers.

Make no mistake, they are attacking these farmers to protect the interests behind America’s industrial food system that continues to manufacture junk foods loaded with poisons that 30 years ago wouldn’t even be recognized as food.

How many of these farmers are going to want to continue their professions knowing that they will have these government drones watching them for no reason at all?

Data collected from these drones will undoubtedly be feed to the Department of Homeland Security and fed to computer algorithms that will flag potential ‘terrorist’ activity.

Who would want to put themselves in such a situation when instead they can work a different job that doesn’t have such risks?

Is the EPA doing this to scare farmers out of the business?

Farming is a dying industry own its own.

Organic fresh foods are constantly being attacked by government regulators and even without that pressure the genetically modified crops from the likes of Monsanto grow faster with bigger yields further threatening the America farmer.

At the same time these industrialized crops that have been modified to produce their own pesticides which makes its way in to our bodies and our water supplies.

Even livestock is being replaced with cloned and genetically modified versions.

Even worse is the EPA is focusing their time and energy on these farmers while corporations pump and dump toxic chemicals in our water supplies, on our land and into our air.

We continually see major bodies of waters such as the Gulf of Mexico and the Great Lakes becoming over polluted mercury and other toxins.

The list goes on and on while we see the EPA turning a blind eye to the widespread toxification of America by these industrial size mega-corporations and instead devote their time and energy to cracking down little guys like these farmers.

Our founding fathers warned repeatedly that only an overbearing government seeking to push totalitarian control would attempt to force the fallacy that people need to forfeit liberty in the name of security.

To prevent any such attempt the inalienable rights of all humankind were forever scribed into the U.S. constitution. forever be treated as nothing more than fabricated falsehood and to prevent our government from every making such attempts

In the wake of 9/11 we have seen this falsehood used time and time again to deceive the people into forfeiting their civil liberties as the concrete foundation of our constitution is slowly eroded into sand and our rights become nothing more than dust in the wind.

We have seen such forfeitures of our liberties turn into a vast array of programs under which the government has seized nearly unchecked power to perform search and seizure of persons and their property without warrants or judicial oversight in direct violation of the fourth amendment of the U.S constitution .

The list of such programs such nefarious programs include – but are not limited to warrantless wiretapping, widespread monitoring of Muslims, nationwide monitoring of the Occupy movement, the planting GPS trackers on the vehicles of environmental and anti-war activists.

Congress is currently pushing through cybersecurity legislation to track every person’s every digital communication.

The Department of homeland security monitors online activities on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and datamines the words people use to flag them as terrorist suspects.

This escalation of government invasion of citizens privacy is now being augmented with use of computer controlled airplanes equipped with high-tech spying equipment and weapons of both the lethal and less than lethal.

On the ground tens of thousands of sensors are being deployed nationwide which will feed live data of people’s movement on the ground to big brother’s surveillance dragnet.

Still, many have been convinced by the multitude of government stenographers in the corporate news media that these are all necessary means to protect us safe from those who are secretly planning to attack us.

In reality it is nothing more than a campaign of deception being used to morph American into massive micro-managed police state in which no citizens will be safe from government harassment.
Related Posts

I think that is what is happening.They are taking our rights to live free unless we do something wrong and changing it to the point we need to be monitored to be sure we don't do something wrong.That sounds little but it a BIG difference.Stopping a car because of a violation is different than stopping a car to see if a violation can be found.My fear is that none of us are Lilly white and "they" will be able to get any of us for something that then will allow more digging to uncover anything we might be involved in or with someone and guilty by association.I hear"they"can't do that.Well who is going to stop them?

Centurion, did you actually read that thing you posted? The guy has "issues". He claims the drones are being armed to use against citizens. And the other guy is even worse, babbling aboug "bug sized drones" spying in our windows, and "tens of thousands of sensors" to track our movements on the ground.

Look, even crazy people have computers, so be selective about what you read.

I,and maybe others are not so concerned about what is happening with drones for example today,but what this will lead to.Come on Ivers,you know how things work.The use of drones over the US is dangerous,even though it may start well intended enough.The drones need to be limited to borders or something that is seriously for national security.

tnshootist, name one thing a drone can do that cannot be done by a helicopter right now.

And don't say peek in people's windows. And if you say a drone can peek in your windows, I'll respond by reminding you that a cop on foot can do the exact same thing.

There is NOTHING that a drone can do that currently used technology isn't already doing. The difference is that drones are cheaper and have more flight endurance.

Ivers, yes I did read the article. I know exactly what was written. He obviously knows something about what is out there. I'll have a couple links for you soon, but I won't keep on the topic too long. It may be that you have little knowledge of technology or of law enforcement resources. If not I believe even you would be worried about what's out there.

Originally Posted By: CenturionIvers, yes I did read the article. I know exactly what was written. He obviously knows something about what is out there.

Or he's mentally ill.

Let's take a look at the 2 possibilities.

Either your local sheriff's office has a predator drone armed with Hellfire missiles....

or some mentally ill guy owns a computer.

You decide.

Originally Posted By: CenturionHey Ivers, you're too smart for me. You even have the scoop on Homeland Security. I can't argue with you.

Well, you could, but you'd look like another mentally ill guy with a computer.

Drones in NEBRASKA
scared.gif
I had a strange feeling that I was being `watched from above` on my way home from work today...hope them [beeep] things aren`t equipped with radar!
blink.gif

In regards to the OP..how about digging up a few statistics on the Dept. of Energy?

dang..sometimes this church makes me get to feeling a little paranoid...all interesting stuff though

Mentally ill should not be tossed around loseley.Those I have worked with who were ill could not help their problems and some tried really hard to do the best they could.I don't think that is the phrase you are looking for.
Maybe obsessed with reality is what you are thinking of as opposed to those who have blinkers on,supplied by the gov.

Last edited:
That's really about enough of this oneupsmanship IMO. It's obvious that Centurion has a very good inside track to things the rest of us do not, due to his LEO career and connections. And as well, Ivers appears to be very astute at gathering and interpreting daily events. You guys are closer in philosophy than is displaying now.

I didn't say Centurion was mentally ill. I said the guy who wrote the blog claiming that law enforcement is using armed drones right now is mentally ill.

I don't think Centurion believes that law enforcement is currently using armed drones, like the guy who wrote the blog does.

I think Centurion copied a blog without reading it carefully.

Last edited:
Okay, I said I was done, but I have to do one last-last post. I really hate to quote the New York Times, but here it is--
Right next to the cow pastures again.....

War Evolves With Drones, Some Tiny as Bugs
By ELISABETH BUMILLER and THOM SHANKER

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio — Two miles from the cow pasture
ohmy.gif
where the Wright Brothers learned to fly the first airplanes, military researchers are at work on another revolution in the air: shrinking unmanned drones, the kind that fire missiles into Pakistan and spy on insurgents in Afghanistan, to the size of insects and birds.

The base’s indoor flight lab is called the “microaviary,” and for good reason. The drones in development here are designed to replicate the flight mechanics of moths, hawks and other inhabitants of the natural world. “We’re looking at how you hide in plain sight,” said Greg Parker, an aerospace engineer, as he held up a prototype of a mechanical hawk that in the future might carry out espionage or kill.

Half a world away in Afghanistan, Marines marvel at one of the new blimplike spy balloons that float from a tether 15,000 feet above one of the bloodiest outposts of the war, Sangin in Helmand Province. The balloon, called an aerostat, can transmit live video — from as far as 20 miles away — of insurgents planting homemade bombs. “It’s been a game-changer for me,” Capt. Nickoli Johnson said in Sangin this spring. “I want a bunch more put in.”

From blimps to bugs, an explosion in aerial drones is transforming the way America fights and thinks about its wars. Predator drones, the Cessna-sized workhorses that have dominated unmanned flight since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, are by now a brand name, known and feared around the world. But far less known is the sheer size, variety and audaciousness of a rapidly expanding drone universe, along with the dilemmas that come with it.

The Pentagon now has some 7,000 aerial drones, compared with fewer than 50 a decade ago. Within the next decade the Air Force anticipates a decrease in manned aircraft but expects its number of “multirole” aerial drones like the Reaper — the ones that spy as well as strike — to nearly quadruple, to 536. Already the Air Force is training more remote pilots, 350 this year alone, than fighter and bomber pilots combined.

“It’s a growth market,” said Ashton B. Carter, the Pentagon’s chief weapons buyer.

The Pentagon has asked Congress for nearly $5 billion for drones next year, and by 2030 envisions ever more stuff of science fiction: “spy flies” equipped with sensors and microcameras to detect enemies, nuclear weapons or victims in rubble. Peter W. Singer, a scholar at the Brookings Institution and the author of “Wired for War,” a book about military robotics, calls them “bugs with bugs.”

In recent months drones have been more crucial than ever in fighting wars and terrorism. The Central Intelligence Agency spied on Osama bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan by video transmitted from a new bat-winged stealth drone, the RQ-170 Sentinel, otherwise known as the “Beast of Kandahar,” named after it was first spotted on a runway in Afghanistan. One of Pakistan’s most wanted militants, Ilyas Kashmiri, was reported dead this month in a C.I.A. drone strike, part of an aggressive drone campaign that administration officials say has helped paralyze Al Qaeda in the region — and has become a possible rationale for an accelerated withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan. More than 1,900 insurgents in Pakistan’s tribal areas have been killed by American drones since 2006, according to the Web site www.longwarjournal.com.

In April the United States began using armed Predator drones against Colonel Muammar el-Qaddafi’s forces in Libya. Last month a C.I.A.-armed Predator aimed a missile at Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical American-born cleric believed to be hiding in Yemen. The Predator missed, but American drones continue to patrol Yemen’s skies.

Large or small, drones raise questions about the growing disconnect between the American public and its wars. Military ethicists concede that drones can turn war into a videogame, inflict civilian casualties and, with no Americans directly at risk, more easily draw the United States into conflicts. Drones have also created a crisis of information for analysts on the end of a daily video deluge. Not least, the Federal Aviation Administration has qualms about expanding their test flights at home, as the Pentagon would like. Last summer, fighter jets were almost scrambled after a rogue Fire Scout drone, the size of a small helicopter, wandered into Washington’s restricted airspace.

Within the military, no one disputes that drones save American lives. Many see them as advanced versions of “stand-off weapons systems,” like tanks or bombs dropped from aircraft, that the United States has used for decades. “There’s a kind of nostalgia for the way wars used to be,” said Deane-Peter Baker, an ethics professor at the United States Naval Academy, referring to noble notions of knight-on-knight conflict. Drones are part of a post-heroic age, he said, and in his view it is not a always a problem if they lower the threshold for war. “It is a bad thing if we didn’t have a just cause in the first place,” Mr. Baker said. “But if we did have a just cause, we should celebrate anything that allows us to pursue that just cause.”

To Mr. Singer of Brookings, the debate over drones is like debating the merits of computers in 1979: They are they here to stay, and the boom has barely begun. “We are at the Wright Brothers Flier stage of this,” he said.

Mimicking Insect Flight

A tiny helicopter is buzzing menacingly as it prepares to lift off in the Wright-Patterson aviary, a warehouse-like room lined with 60 motion-capture cameras to track the little drone’s every move. The helicopter, a footlong hobbyists’ model, has been programmed by a computer to fly itself. Soon it is up in the air making purposeful figure eights.

“What it’s doing out here is nothing special,” said Dr. Parker, the aerospace engineer. The researchers are using the helicopter to test technology that would make it possible for a computer to fly, say, a drone that looks like a dragonfly. “To have a computer do it 100 per cent of the time, and to do it with winds, and to do it when it doesn’t really know where the vehicle is, those are the kinds of technologies that we’re trying to develop,” Dr. Parker said.

The push right now is developing “flapping wing” technology, or recreating the physics of natural flight, but with a focus on insects rather than birds. Birds have complex muscles that move their wings, making it difficult to copy their aerodynamics. Designing a an insect is hard, too, but their wing motions are simpler. “It’s a lot easier problem,” Dr. Parker said.”

In February, researchers unveiled a hummingbird drone, built by the firm AeroVironment for the secretive Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which can fly at 11 miles per hour and perch on a windowsill. But it is still a prototype. One of the smallest drones in use on the battlefield is the three-foot-long Raven, which troops in Afghanistan toss by hand like a model airplane to peer over the next hill.

There are some 4,800 Ravens in operation in the Army, although plenty get lost. One American service member in Germany recalled how five soldiers and officers spent six hours tramping through a dark Bavarian forest — and then sent a helicopter — on a fruitless search for a Raven that failed to return home from a training exercise. The next month a Raven went AWOL again, this time because of a programming error that sent it south. “The initial call I got was that the Raven was going to Africa,” said the service member, who asked for anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss drone glitches.

In the midsize range: The Predator, the larger Reaper and the smaller Shadow, all flown by remote pilots using joysticks and computer screens, many from military bases in the United States. A Navy entry is the X-47B, a prototype designed to take off and land from aircraft carriers automatically and, when commanded, drop bombs. The X-47B had a maiden 29-minute flight over land in February. A larger drone is the Global Hawk, which is used for keeping an eye on North Korea’s nuclear weapons activities. In March, the Pentagon sent a Global Hawk over the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan to assess the damage.

A Tsunami of Data

The future world of drones is here inside the Air Force headquarters at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va., where hundreds of flat-screen TVs hang from industrial metal skeletons in a cavernous room, a scene vaguely reminiscent of a rave club. In fact this is one of the most sensitive installations for processing, exploiting and disseminating a tsunami of information from a global network of flying sensors.

The numbers are overwhelming: Since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, the hours the Air Force devotes to flying missions for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance have gone up 3,100 percent, most of that from increased operations of drones. Every day, the Air Force must process almost 1,500 hours of full-motion video and another 1,500 still images, much of it from Predators and Reapers on around-the-clock combat air patrols.

The pressures on humans will only increase as the military moves from the limited “soda straw” views of today’s sensors to new “Gorgon Stare” technology that can capture live video of an entire city — but requires 2,000 analysts to process the data feeds from a single drone, compared with 19 analysts per drone today.

At Wright-Patterson, Maj. Michael L. Anderson, a doctoral student at the base’s advanced navigation technology center, is focused on another part of the future: building wings for a drone that might replicate the flight of the hawk moth, known for its hovering skills. "It’s impressive what they can do,” Major Anderson said, “compared to what our clumsy aircraft can do.”

I might buy a bug zapper if that guy saw some outside his windows!
[/i]

What some of these people don't seem to understand is that everything they are afraid of the drones doing can already be done with a lot less trouble and with current technology.

If they want to listen to my conversations, they have the ability to turn my cell phone on in my pocket and listen to everything I say. They already can do this, and they do it with court orders. It is being done right now to cell phones.

They also have devices they can point at my house and hear everything that is said in it. They even have systems that can pick up on tiny little window vibrations from my voice and translate it into speech.

They have cameras so small they can hide them nearly anywhere and transmit video.

They have magnetic gps devices they can stick on my car and track wherever I go without having to follow me. The Supreme Court just ruled that they can't use those devices without a court order. Before the Supreme Court ruling, local law enforcement had them in widescale use.

What protects us from the government using these devices without probable cause is the Constitution and the courts. And that same Constitution and the courts would provide the same protections from the drones everyone is so afraid of.

The drones are meaningless, because everything a drone could do, they can already do, and are already doing.

This whole drone issue has become the new "black helicopter" silliness.

Ivers, your points are well taken and I agree that they have numerous ways to spy. And actually, in today's world I don't think it's a bad thing. That is, if they are used in the manner prescribed by law. I'm sure we would be astounded to know the true extent of the attempts by potential terrorists on a weekly basis. The world today is a much different world than we've always known. The point some folks are making here is the totality of these means of intrusion. George Orwell would be stunned to see the world today. I think most of us are of the opinion that only truly foolish people trust the government. I certainly don't trust or believe much of what they say or do, especially since the "Dear Leader" took over. Consider what some very wise men have said on this issue:

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, March 4, 1837

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." -- Wendell Phillips, (1811-1884), abolitionist, orator and columnist for The Liberator, in a speech before the Massachusetts Antislavery Society in 1852, according to The Dictionary of Quotations edited by Bergen Evans

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania (1759)

“There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men.” -- Edmund Burke

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." -- James Madison, Federalist no. 51.

Therefore your argument, while being correct to a point, will most likely fall on deaf ears.

And one last thing, if you believe the black helicopter thing is silliness, perhaps we need to get together down here and do a few sets. If you wish to call me silly or insane, well so be it, but I have had a personal run in with a black helicopter threatening me and my hunting partners. While minding our own business calling coyotes we found ourselves suddenly in the sights of one. Granted, we were in an area heavily infused with drug mules, but I defy you to find any place in Az that doesn't fit that description. It hovered about 30 feet over our heads right at treetop height. We could clearly see the pilot well enough to recognize him if we knew him. On each side of the chopper were what looked to be machine guns, and each time the pilot moved his head the guns moved with his view. He stayed nearly stationary for some 4-5 minutes watching us and it was evident he was talking to someone. Naturally we were reluctant to move, let alone touch our AR's on our laps. He eventually slowly ascended and abruptly left. We went back to my truck to change our shorts and called it a day.

On more than one occasion we have been met by men in black rv's dressed much like swat teams, although no insignias were evident. We were told it was advisable that we vacate the area. They refused to answer any questions about what rights they were violating. And as discretion is often the better part of valor, we did so.

So my friend, black helicopters are not necessarily silliness, I suppose it depends on one's perspective.

So, what can these drones do that the helicopter couldn't do that makes them such a threat?

Just out of curiosity, you said you were in an area frequented by the drug mules. I know the National Guard in the border states is working with the Border Patrol, specifically providing them with helicopter support. Could that have been a National Guard helicopter that was checking you out to make sure you weren't a couple of armed drug smugglers?

Last edited:
From Fox News--

Pentagon Creating Legions Of Insect Spy Drones

In addition to needing people to watch countless hours of videos of targeted individuals’ private lives taken by spy drones, the Pentagon is conducting a recruitment campaign for 1400 more people to operate its growing fleet of flying surveillance robots, a violation of Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

“Recent sightings have raised question over whether the government has secret miniature spy drones” – Veritas Photo credit: Veritas/Facebook

After Air Force leaders’ complaining for months that their “number one manning problem … is manning our unmanned platforms,” the Pentagon is now hiring new outside instructors and initiating two new educational programs to satisfy its thirst to spy on peoples’ private lives, according to Wired Magazine Thursday, of particular concern to Targeted Individuals.

This surveillance, a violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 12, applies overseas and in the United States where 30,000 drones have been authorizedfor use by 2020.

Article 12 of the Declaration of Human Rights to which the United States is a signatory states: “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.”

To meet its demand of 1400 more people to the spy program, the U.S. Navy’s new education program will “first create a new military undergraduate courses, which will complement existing training programs for pilots and sensor operators. The second is to increase the capacity of its training crews,”Wired Magazine reports.

“The Pentagon now has about 7,000 aerial drones in its inventory, compared with fewer than 50 a decade ago,” New York Times reported a year ago.

“The numbers are overwhelming: Since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, the hours the Air Force devotes to flying missions for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance have gone up 3,100 percent, most of that from increased operations of drones. Every day, the Air Force must process almost 1,500 hours of full-motion video and another 1,500 still images, much of it from Predators and Reapers on around-the-clock combat air patrols.

Spy robobug biomedical research and development: the new informant

Micro-air vehicles pose further abuse of Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. They also make it trickier to spot informants among crowds of protesters.

(Watch embedded YouTube video on this page, “Robot birds set to fly.”)

The New York Times reported that Greg Parker, an aerospace engineer, admitted a year ago, “We’re looking at how you hide in plain sight,” holding a prototype of a mechanical hawk aimed for espionage or killing people.

A Wright-Patterson base indoor “microaviary” flight lab is researching and developing tiny drones that replicate moths, hawks and other inhabitants of the natural world, theTimes reported, stating in its article title that the new technology is “Poised to Alter War.”

A flurry of recent comments Friday under what could be a photo-shopped image of a bug spy on Facebook posted by Wake Up World via Veritas, similar to photographs that the New York Times posted in its slideshow of new drones, might indicate public outrage over the privacy violation that the Pentagon’s new technology is fostering. Within less than 24 hours, 638 people have commented on the spy bug image and surveillance drones.

Veritas reports that recent sightings in New York and Washington DC have “raised question over whether the government has secret miniature spy drones.

“New York college students attending an antiwar rally in Lafayette Square last month were convinced they saw small flying machines that were ‘definitely not insects’ hovering above.

Only five years ago, Cornell University research had shownthat insect flight was is “theoretically impossible.” While the FBI then officially denied having robobugs, DARPA had declared that they were working hard to implant moth pupae with computer chips to make “cyborg moths” when the pupae emerge from their protective casing, according to Daily Tech.

“The Hybrid Insect Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems hopes to allow researchers to grow insect nerves into silicon computer chip connections to allow the insects to be remote controlled like RC airplanes. DARPA researchers also are raising cyborg beetles.”

Protesters in Washington and New York claimed five years ago that there were robobugs hovering around them. At that time, entomologists interviewed believed that the entities were black dragonflies.

“The dragonfly population of Washington ‘can knock your socks off,’ according to one entomologist,” reported the Daily Tech.

“Unfortunately, the entomologists could not explain the bulb shape attachments to their tails that many reported seeing; nor could they explain their organized flight which was widely reported by observers. Dragonflies do not fly in packs, according to entomologists.”

Washington lawyer Bernard Crane who saw the robobugs said he’d never seen anything like them in his life, accordingto the Washington Post in 2007: ”They were large for dragonflies. I thought, ‘Is that mechanical, or is that alive?’ ”

The Washington Post article had then stated, “Some federally funded teams are even growing live insects with computer chips in them, with the goal of mounting spyware on their bodies and controlling their flight muscles remotely.

“The robobugs could follow suspects, guide missiles to targets or navigate the crannies of collapsed buildings to find survivors.”

As robobug research and development continues, the military’s at least 64 different bases to house its drone fleet is not enough airspace. According to an April 2012 report, “airspace required already exceeds what’s available and the problem will only get worse as more bases are built around the country,” Wired Magazine states.

“In fact, many of the new bases won’t have access to the airspace necessary, both civilian and military, unless the Federal Aviation Administration changes its rules about flying drones domestically.”

All weapons of war must first be tested on humans. Retired Air Force colonel Tom Ehrhard, who specializes in unmanned aerial vehicles, “admitted that the U.S. government can be pretty sneaky.”

The CIA, according to The Washington Post, developed an “insectothopter,” a simple dragonfly snooper in the 1970s. At the time, agency spokesman George Little had said that he could not talk about what the CIA may have done since then.

“The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service also declined to discuss the topic.”

“More C.I.A. drone attacks have been conducted under President Barack Obama than under President George W. Bush,” reported the New York Times in October.

Adding to outrage about America’s drones, earlier this week, a drone made by Northrup Grumman, mistaken for a UFO, fell from the sky and landed on a Maryland highway.

“Last year, residents of Cowley County, Kansas mistook a similar flying machine,” reported Fox News.

In November, an innocent Targeted Individual gave his account to the Examiner of seeing a drone in New York, and having what was described as high-tech “less-than-lethal” directed energy weaponry applied to him. source – Examiner

Back