.22-250 effective range for coyotes?

I do believe that you guys are mistaken!
This here is the ultimate 'gimmick' cartridge
laugh.gif

2012-01-24_21-17-07_267.jpg

65gr Gamekings @ 3550 from a 22" AR-15, guess the joke's on me???
whistle.gif

Agree that ANY rifle's effective range is as far as the shooter can make it happen. For the average Joe schmo (like me) seated & off stix, that's about 300yds. 450, if prone.

Hey Steve!
Those 65s will hold at/under an inch. Don't care what anyone says, that's dang good for an AR-15. And especially so with that level of performance from one. the JLKs just wouldn't hold that consistently, but that's the nature of the Wizzer beast. They like what they like, not what YOU want them to like, LOL. As luck would have it, I'm content to run the 65Gkings like a raped ape...
smile.gif

KATT, this is the AR forum, so I thought we was talkin' bout ARs?
turkey2011061.jpg

I believe Skinney has a fine shootin' .22-250 AR-15.
But I don't know who Rich is
wink.gif

I believe the 22-250 will add 100 yards or so to whatever a 223 is capable of, assuming the shooter can put the bullet where it is supposed to go. I prefer the 22-250 AI for a bit more power myself.

Oddly enough, my furthest kill, about 325 yards was with a 17 Rem., considering I shoot several larger cartridges also.

Fred you are the Wizzum guy--no doubt about it. That is one rig to be proud of, no doubt. I also shot the 65 SGK out of my 223 AI AR and got the longest kill of my AR career out of it right at 550. I always thought that bullet was one of the all-around best for both accuracy and terminal effect with a decent BC. Always thought that Sierra oughtta' stick a plastic tip into their 69 SMK too for the same kinda' application--Hornady's 68 too.

I'm not sure anything would really best that 65 at 3550 out of only 22" of barrel length. That's awesome sir!

I'm thinking of starting a thread on the AR-10's long range performance after this one runs it's course--gotta buddy that's running the 87 V-Max at good velocity and making more one-shot kills than any other combination i've ever seen to almost 800.

Knockeemdown-

Just fishing around to see what was shooting those WSSM loads. You either love them, or....well, I am a traditional guy.

Originally Posted By: knockemdown
turkey2011061.jpg

I don't know who Rich is
wink.gif

Very Nice looking weapon!!! I believe Rich is the guy who tops his platform with $$$ Premiere... LOL!!!

Skinney, you know the drill...buy once, cry once!

Steve if I had any sense at all, ida went with a full length (24-26") tube on that sucker to get all the speed outta all that powder capacity. The slower powders like 4831 and RL22 were slightly more accurate, but didn't net the speed from the 22"er.
And the FC brass has been more tolerable than the horrendous Winny stuff. No need to resort to turning or sorting for consistency. ~MOA avg. is quite good enough for me in an AR, and they beat the crap outta brass anyhoo. So I just stand on the pedal & try to hold the wheel straight!

KATT, I'm really not in love with any of the Wizzers. But they do offer an unbeatable amount of performance from an AR-15.
As it goes, I honestly feel the various 6.8 based wildcats are about the perfect combination of size, performance, efficient powder burn (economic/low recoil), and accuracy in a hunting AR-15. Pick your poison, mine the .25DTI. I like that rifle waaaaaaay more than that demon of a .223Wizzer!!!

Originally Posted By: knockemdownSkinney, you know the drill...buy once, cry once!

Steve if I had any sense at all, ida went with a full length (24-26") tube on that sucker to get all the speed outta all that powder capacity. The slower powders like 4831 and RL22 were slightly more accurate, but didn't net the speed from the 22"er.
And the FC brass has been more tolerable than the horrendous Winny stuff. No need to resort to turning or sorting for consistency. ~MOA avg. is quite good enough for me in an AR, and they beat the crap outta brass anyhoo. So I just stand on the pedal & try to hold the wheel straight!

KATT, I'm really not in love with any of the Wizzers. But they do offer an unbeatable amount of performance from an AR-15.
As it goes, I honestly feel the various 6.8 based wildcats are about the perfect combination of size, performance, efficient powder burn (economic/low recoil), and accuracy in a hunting AR-15. Pick your poison, mine the .25DTI. I like that rifle waaaaaaay more than that demon of a .223Wizzer!!!

What brass do you use? I am using the questionable Winchester brass in my AR, and its construction leaves something to be desired. That is a good looking gun by the way.

Back