How much?

Dmcgee

How cheap can I put together a basic flattop upper?
I am debating on whether to just buy a complete model 1 uppper or try and put 1 together.

It is hard to beat the price of Model 1 sales and Delton for complete uppers, Can it be done? Yes. But take into consideration all the shipping cost and different delivery dates if you order your parts on line from different manufactures and the assembly time. If you are in the market for a cheap and quick build I would go with Model 1 sales or Delton.

In answer to your question....I have one that I put together for a basic total of $524....Lower, upper, and optic...

PCAR2.jpg

Since then, I added a Levang type muzzle brake ($30) and a paint job ($10)

PCAR.jpg

Currently at $564.00

Buy a Model 1 Sales kit. You might save $10 if you build one yourself, that is assuming that you already have the armor's tool that you will need. Besides Model 1 stuff is done right, so no worries on the quality of parts.

As OT mentions, you can build one yourself. The complete Polymer lower, (receiver, stock and LPK) from New Frontier will run you $110 + ship + trns + NICS. DS arms has an upper for $240, BCG $110 and CH for $14. Pmags can be found for $15 if you look. $525 + whatever shipping is from Joebobs on the lower, figure $10.

Add your $ for optics, but $535 is pretty good for an AR. If you want an aluminum lower/LPK add about $110.

Back