How to blacken an A2 stock

DANNY-L

Been searching with no luck,can someone tell me how to get the stock back to it's original black color. I was thinking just oil but not sure.Thanks

I hate the A2 stock. They get so funky looking so quickly. I have thought about paint also. I suppose, if you prepare the surface well enough, it will hold up pretty good. Think il invent an A2 stock that keeps it's look and make some money, LOL.

Originally Posted By: ricky_arthurRIT Black die should do the trick.

I thought that too. But what about a sweaty face on a hot day? That's my concern.

I don't think anything but time would get rit off your skin. Maybe it would dry on the surface like it does on clothes.

Sharpie and a whole lot of time?

I'd think the Krylon Fusion would be the best bet. It's made to bond to plastic, so I think chipping wouldn't be too bad.

Try Turtlewax ICE. We recommend it for maintaining DuraCoat. Also, try some Armorall. It can be re-colored with DuraCoat using HK Black for a semi gloss finish or tactical black for a flat matte finish. Proper prep will give permanent results.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ricky_arthurRIT Black die should do the trick.

I dyed some OD green magpul furniture black with RIT dye. Works like a champ. Doesn't rub off.

Back