Scope Mount Questions

hill1970

I just bought my first AR and it is the Rock River Predator Pursuit. I will be mounting a 4.5X14X40 either Leupold or Ziess scope on this rifle. I need help figuring out which scope mount to buy for this setup. The quick detach option is not important to me as I do not plan on removing the scope once it is mounted. I would like to know what mount y’all are using on your AR and list the Pro’s and Con’s . I would also like to see pictures of you your setup if you have them available.

Thanks,

I have the Burris XTR mount on my DPMS Varminter, its holding a Leupold 3.5X10 in place. There are no cons that I can see so far with this mount, it holds the scope firmly in place and I have had no issues with it.

The Burris PEPR is a good option. Or the Rock River cantilever looks nice. I havent played with Nikon, Warne on others, but they seem built right.

JoeBobOutfitters has the PEPR and RR mounts at a great price. Plus a tshirt and 5% off.

Warne RAMP

Here's why

I still own and use LaRue mounts from time to time as that's what I started with. Once I found the RAMP I have tended to migrate to that solution with a Burris FastFireII red dot on the 45 for reasons mentioned in my article.

Truth be told though I have a LaRue on what is my new favorite black rifle.

Sendit

Last edited:
you might want to look at the picture thread up top of the AR forums here. pay attention to where the eye piece on the scope is in relation to the charging handle.

also the height of the scope.

I don't think you'll ever see more of a variance in scope mounting than on a AR15.

it's really hard to recomend a set up for another shooter.

length of pull on the type buttstock, how hard they like cheek pressure ,eye relief on the scope,ect,ect.

Myself. DNZ Freedom Reaper $70.00 made in U.S.A.

003-9.jpg

003-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back