Pros and Cons of 16" or 20" RRA PP

Originally Posted By: KlappyI had the same questions on barrel length. Instead I ordered an 18 inch ATH and had RRA install the PP hand guard and gas block. I then just sold the ATH hand guard. I now have a rare PP in a 18 inch barrel.

I had the 20" PP and sold it. I now have an ATH upper on order with a 16" barrel and Vortex flashhider. I need the forward rails for night hunting with lights.

As for the collapsible stock, it would allow some adjustment for heavy clothing in the winter if that might be an issue.

Evidently RRA thinks the 16" length is GTG for hunting. The Fred Eichler version and the Ehide camo versions are all 16" barrels.

Originally Posted By: Yoteless in OhioA collapsible stock might be to short of a length of pull. I am having that problem right now with my ar.

I would agree. This is why I got the a2 stock. It's a little longer. I'm 6'1 with longer than average arms and I find the collapsible stocks too short even adjusted all the way out. The a2 is perfect for me, but if you're arms aren't too long, the collapsible is nice. The magpul ctr being my preference.

Back