coyote dispersal

BUCK WEAT

I have bin fox calling and trapping on and off for about 30 years.20 yrs. ago I caught a coyote.and there have bin 2 or 3 shot over the last ten years. but two years ago there were six taken in traps and last yr. there were two taken in traps.This is in about a 25 x 25 sq. mile area. how long till they change the fox population. Right now there are fox every were

Could you re-phrase the question? Are you asking how long it will take the increasing population of coyotes to affect the fox population? If so, I couldn't tell ya. Some guy on another board claims there are 50 lb coyotes running all over in PA. If that's the case you will soon be waving bye bye to a lot of the foxes.

Hi Curt Yea that was my question. HA. HA. I was at a hunt in northern P.A. I think there were 23 coyotes turned in.The biggest one was 37 lb.But maybe I should get out my 180 gr. bullets and keep my back tight to a tree when calling foxes.what do you think

. .

LOL, ya never know...

Your right though, even small coyotes are going to start cutting into the fox population. We only have small pockets of redfox and there is not enough grayfox left to speak of.

Back