Kid suspended for standing up to bully's.

What a little doll--kudos to her!

I have a special needs kid and if this girl had been helping him out the way she did the special needs student in the story then I'd be all over that cowardly administration and the media making a ruckus on her behalf.

Yet another reason why people should turn off the idiot box and attend school board meetings and pay attention to school board elections!

Java,I don't know what it is like where you are but I can't believe how arrogant some get when elected or appointed,we don't get to elect all our school people anymore,to the school board.But I guess they catch it from all sides.Still ,more could be done if the board could hold their head and do the right thing.Politics on a small scale seems more silly than what goes on in DC sometimes.

Those teachers and board members were no doubt educated in the public school system, their lack of reasoning skills have been hammered into their little neurons by the liberal idiots that now control public schools. The number of teachers with right sided thinking is dwindling . Just think in another 30-40 years all of the decision makers will more than likely be like that.Can you imagine in chaotic times if your life depended upon a response to a immediate threat where you'd be?

Originally Posted By: tnshootistJava,I don't know what it is like where you are but I can't believe how arrogant some get when elected or appointed,we don't get to elect all our school people anymore,to the school board.But I guess they catch it from all sides.Still ,more could be done if the board could hold their head and do the right thing.Politics on a small scale seems more silly than what goes on in DC sometimes.

OK, yeah, it was like that in Maryland, too, where I lived for about 12 years. School boards were appointed by the governor.

Out here in WA, and much of the west, generally, school board members are elected. I do really prefer that and the western states' tendency to give much greater power to the voters through the initiative process--much easier to get a measure on the ballot out here than it was back east, which I like.

I'm guessing the school board hasn't heard the last of this. I'd think the local parents will have something to say knowing the community of Umatilla is largely comprised of rednecks.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1I'm guessing the school board hasn't heard the last of this. I'd think the local parents will have something to say knowing the community of Umatilla is largely comprised of rednecks.

That's a positive, IMHO.

Rednecks have a sense of right and wrong and picking on little special needs girls is wrong.

One would have to be an urban sophisticate in order to rationalize that cruel behavior or punishing this wonderful girl who stood up for her!

Back