Savage Mod 10/110 6.5 Creedmoor

bayne

Anyone have the new Savage mod. 10/110 predator hunter in a 6.5 creedmoor? If so how do you like it what loads are you using?

try varget it works well in my savage 10 creedmoor 35.5 starts with 39.2 max with 129 gr hornady sst and cci 200 primers

Bayne,
I own several Savages, but mine are designed and set up for Benchrest shooting. But my 6.5 is not a Savage, though shoot with guys who own Savages and other models including custom jobs. The one constant in all our rifles is the bullets we shoot, though the powders vary between shooters. The bullet I am referring you that you might consider is a Berger 140 gr VLD that comes in both Target and Hunting model. Both group very well regardless of model. Personally I use Vihta Vuori N160 (44.3 gr) while some of the others use Varget in the 36 - 37 gr range. Info only.

After waiting for 8 weeks for the rifle to show up from Savage, I got the leupold 8.5X25X50MM scope mounted and set out to site it in. Started @ 100yds. Pulled off the turret caps and noticed that the scope had a "up" turret installed on the windage and after six rounds I had the windage bottomed out and was still 4 inches to the Right. I called Leupold and they said to send it back. One would think that a $1200 scope would not leave the factory like that. I could not wait to shot it some more so I pulled the scope off of my 308 and shot it today to try and get a load developed for it so when I get my "newly" repaired scope back I can get to do some 500+yds shooting. Has anyone had problems with Leupold scopes like this?

Originally Posted By: bayneAfter waiting for 8 weeks for the rifle to show up from Savage, I got the leupold 8.5X25X50MM scope mounted and set out to site it in. Started @ 100yds. Pulled off the turret caps and noticed that the scope had a "up" turret installed on the windage and after six rounds I had the windage bottomed out and was still 4 inches to the Right. I called Leupold and they said to send it back. One would think that a $1200 scope would not leave the factory like that. I could not wait to shot it some more so I pulled the scope off of my 308 and shot it today to try and get a load developed for it so when I get my "newly" repaired scope back I can get to do some 500+yds shooting. Has anyone had problems with Leupold scopes like this?

It probably isn't the problem here but I do know that there have been some counterfeit Leupold scopes showing up from China...

I got this one from the factory direct. I got a chance to work on a load for it on Friday and shot a .560" and .641" 3 shot group @ 200yds with IMR 4895 and Hornaday 140gn AMAX. I think I can do better with the Leupold Scope.

Just thinking out loud. If the scope has 1/8th min clicks, your running out of elevation. You may need a 20MOA base to get where you need to be.

Back