So You Expect Biden On The 2012 Ticket?

azmastablasta

Hillary Clinton will be the 2012 veep candidate
By Joseph Curl
The Washington Times

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Show of hands: Who here still thinks Vice President Joseph R. Biden will be on the 2012 ticket?

Really? All of you? So wrong. The Great One, Sir Barack Hussein Obama, will replace the bumbling, buffoonish Mr. Biden with Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, maybe at the Democratic convention, maybe just before, in a last-ditch effort to win re-election.

The wild and crazy move is all the talk outside the Beltway. One state Democratic leader even tells me the bumper stickers are already printed, sitting in a warehouse in (where else?) Little Rock, Ark. Another party bigwig says she is “99.9 percent sure” the increasingly desperate president planned the whole thing from the beginning. (“C’mon, Hill, be Secretary of State for one term and I’ll make you veep the next!”)

Step back a minute: What does the president get from keeping Punxsutawney Putz on the ticket? Zippy the chimp. But if he bails on Mr. Biden, picks a woman — bam, base enthusiasm goes through the roof, women come out of the woodwork to vote (for Mrs. Clinton, not for Mr. Obama), and it’s 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for another four years. (Plus, Joe becomes Secretary of State, because, really now, he wouldn’t know what to do if he wasn’t living off the government teat, would he?)

Back to the president’s desperation. As The Washington Times laid out last week, Mr. Obama’s re-election is no lock. “Many models show President Obama with a likely base of 252 electoral votes out of the 270 needed to win,” the paper said. Nice lead. He’s got a hold of the West Coast, the Northeast minus New Hampshire, plus most likely Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada and Hawaii (although some of those are still considered in play).

The Republican candidate starts out with just 191 solid. But get this: Ohio and Florida, the big gets, are tough sells for the failing president, as are Virginia and North Carolina (which this month voted down gay marriage, Mr. Obama’s new signature issue). Combined, the four states hold 75 electoral votes. Suddenly, Mitt Romney’s at 266 to Mr. Obama’s 252.

Make no mistake, the couch sitters in the Oval Office are well aware of these numbers. They know that, like Sen. John McCain last cycle, they’re going to need a game changer. Bad.

Enter Hillary. As Secretary of State, she has visited 165 countries, racking up 750,000 miles in the air, according to the State Department. She also happened to win 18 million votes in the 2008 primaries. Last month, her favorable rating hit an all-time high of 65 percent, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll — just 27 percent viewed her unfavorably. Contrast that with Mr. Biden, whose favorable rating was 41 percent, with a whopping 44 percent unfavorable, according to a Fox News poll last week.

But here’s the shocker: In April, Mr. Obama held a 49 percent to 43 percent lead over Mr. Romney among women. That has now flipped to 46 percent backing Mr. Romney with 44 percent for Mr. Obama — an 8-point swap, according to the latest CBS-New York Times poll.

Mr. Romney was right in his New Hampshire speech: The president, who has failed to fix the economy or create jobs, “will run a campaign of diversions, distractions and distortions.” What else explains the weeks and weeks spent talking about contraception and gay marriage? No, the last thing the president plans to talk about is his record on the economy.

Moreover, Mr. Obama won office in 2008 in what was much more a movement than a campaign — all that hope and change. (Did he mention that he was black?) This time around, he’s nothing more than a craven politician running another vapid say-anything campaign. But flipping Joe for Hillary makes 2012 another revolution, not for the first black president, but for the first female vice president.

Even more, Mrs. Clinton helps with exactly the voters now abandoning Mr. Obama in droves: white, working- and middle-class Americans.

They voted for her in 2008, bailed in 2010, but could come back if she joins the ticket in 2012. Mr. Obama signaled as much last week, talking to graduating seniors at a commencement. “After decades of slow, steady, extraordinary progress, you are now poised to make this the century where women shape not only their own destiny but the destiny of this nation and of this world,” he said.

Seven incumbents have replaced original running mates over the years: Five won re-election. Why’d they do it? Desperation.

Michelle Obama won’t like it (“I’m the most powerful woman in Washington!”), but her husband no doubt knows it may just be his only path to re-election. And in Chicagoland, the ends justify the means — every time.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/20/curl-hillary-clinton-iwilli-be-the-2012-veep-candi/

The whole tone of the article is just silly. Biden is the VP. The president has no reason to be desperate. The latest poll by NBC/Wall Street Journal taken from May 16-20 has Obama winning the vote among women by 15 points. The idea that Romney will prevail among women voters is ludicrous. I guess next Romney will capture the Black and Hispanic vote. The Washington Times is laughable.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71The whole tone of the article is just silly. Biden is the VP.

Yeah right!
lol.gif

vicepresidentbiden.jpg

Regards,
hm

I do believe the Hildabeast will switch with Joke Biden just before the Dem convention. She is popular when behind the scenes and then her past and unfavorables catch up with her when in the spotlight. It's an act of desperation that will fail in my opinion.

shrillary-outfit.jpg

Zero's last hope.

If that is zero's last hope he is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Makes me wonder where Biden is located ? Under the barrel ?

Soon to be under the bus. He will magnanimously step down for the good of the country. Should be his boss stepping down for the good of the country.

They all are finally starting to realize the jig is up. It's desparation time. Obama has lost his shine. No more fainting college students, no packed stadiums. The man has definately lost his luster. Funny thing is unemployment among college grads is higher than non college grads. So many have found out that all their hope only changed things for the worse. So the president finally has a record people can look at, besides voting "present", and it is going to come back to bite him in the rear. He has demonstrated his disdain and total lack of regard and respect for the majority of the countries citizens. The majority of Americans were against federal government mandated health care insurance, most Americans are against gay marriage, forcing a religious based employer to provide contraceptions for employees etc. Combine that with the unemployment rate of over 8 percent and a real unemployment rate well into double digits and I think it won't bode well for mister spend it all and borrow some more.
Now the only thing he has left is to try and demonize and discredit anyone who he thinks is standing in his way.
The 2010 mid terms were just a indication of what is coming this November. The adults are back in town and the wild teenage party is over. Yes, mommy and daddy are about to take the credit card away.

Last edited:
Obama may or may not replace Biden, I don't think it really matters. The VP choice historically has had little impact on a race's outcome.

BTW, when you look at polls, 'likely voters' are more significant that mere 'voters'.

Democrats do better with women overall, though married women, especially married women with kids, tend to favor Republicans. Single unmarried women/single moms seem to want government to fill in the role of husband/father for their kids--and the Democrats are more than happy to oblige. Women are far more about 'feelings' whereas male voters tend to be more logical and analytical. That is why masculine-thinking men, like those who like to shoot and hunt, vote in overwhelming numbers for conservatives, whereas more feminine-thinking men, like those who are ARAs or anti-gun-types oppose gun rights and the Constitution as written.

This 'feelings' Democrat/liberal operating system is why so much of their rhetoric involves subjective, squishy, meaningless concepts like 'fairness' and appeals to class warfare. His base is disillusioned and unlikely to turn out, hence his pathetic endorsement of redefining marriage to include same sex 'spouses'.

Women or no women voters, Obama's policies have left us with Great Depression-esque unemployment, with a greatly reduced sense of national pride (as when Obama, 'Mr Wrong Stuff' ended the space program) and what will be ~$5 gas come November. An incumbent under %50 approval is toast and Obama consistently falls under that number.

His administration is an epic fail and he is going the way of Carter come November.

And good riddance.

http://thehill.com/polls/222967-hill-poll-romney-leads-in-respect-on-working-women-issue

Originally Posted By: JavafourObama may or may not replace Biden, I don't think it really matters. The VP choice historically has had little impact on a race's outcome.

The Great American at the bottom of your post had a big impact on what's his name's run 3 and 1/2 years ago even though they didn't win. I hope hitlery wouldn't turn the tide.

Dang... Hillary's been to almost as many countries as Moochelle!! You know, you kinda gotta wonder what the [beeep] she signed away for us in all of those different countries??

Hillary and Barack would never play well enough together to be a team, for 4 years. Courting such ideas is a recipe for disaster. Hillary is used to wearing the pants in the whitehouse, and Bill tolerated it well.

While I wholeheartedly agree that a VP historically has minor influence on the eventual results of a race, we must not overlook certain facts. In this case the primary race between zero and the beast was a barnburner. Vast numbers of women preferred her over Obama and were terribly disappointed in her demise. Yes they finally pulled the lever for zero, but at that time he had no track record. Zero is rapidly losing ground amongst his base, regardless of what doctored up polls you quote. A good percentage of those lost I would bet, come from those previous Hillary supporters. Biden brings nothing to the table, in fact he is considered a clown even inside his closest circles. I believe desperation is setting in and anything goes with these thugs. From zero's point of view, if this loss of support continues much longer it could cause him to stumble and lose. I fear that he may in fact be able to energize this faltering group by throwing Biden under the bus. Whether or not it becomes a game changer remains to be seen, but I believe he will do it. HB and rimmy will be yelling "Hillary 2016."

It would certainly seem to offer Hillary a stepping stone along her way to President in another 4 years, provided she doesn't ugly away first.

It would likely be Obama's only hope of winning the election, Joe will have a stroke or a heart attack or something before election time!

Gotta give credit where credit is due. You're clever HB. Misguided but clever. Guess that makes us all Rombots. That's catchy, I like it, but isn't it past your bedtime?

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaWhile I wholeheartedly agree that a VP historically has minor influence on the eventual results of a race, we must not overlook certain facts. In this case the primary race between zero and the beast was a barnburner. Vast numbers of women preferred her over Obama and were terribly disappointed in her demise. Yes they finally pulled the lever for zero, but at that time he had no track record. Zero is rapidly losing ground amongst his base, regardless of what doctored up polls you quote. A good percentage of those lost I would bet, come from those previous Hillary supporters. Biden brings nothing to the table, in fact he is considered a clown even inside his closest circles. I believe desperation is setting in and anything goes with these thugs. From zero's point of view, if this loss of support continues much longer it could cause him to stumble and lose. I fear that he may in fact be able to energize this faltering group by throwing Biden under the bus. Whether or not it becomes a game changer remains to be seen, but I believe he will do it. HB and rimmy will be yelling "Hillary 2016."

OK, if you are talking about this as a desperate move just to GOTV among his base, then I would concede that Hillary could help with that, but I cannot see that making a general election difference in key states he needs to win. I think you are 100% correct in pointing to his heavily eroded support from his base.

Again, this is exactly why he made his recent bizarre 'gay marriage' endorsement. Same sex marriage is highly unpopular, every time it goes on a state ballot it loses, even in liberal CA. It has been put in by liberal legislatures here in WA and NY, but only by activist courts in the other states. In fact, where the IA st supreme court forced it on the people there, they took the unprecedented step of UN-electing the justices who supported the decision forcing it on the people there. But 'gay marriage' IS popular among the Democrat base, the uber-Leftists, so that's why he made such an otherwise unpopular move. Right now he should be reaching for the middle-of-the road swing voters who decide elections, not struggling to rally his stalwarts.

He is in deep trouble and knows it.

Absolutely, first he spun the women voters with his GOP war on women. Followed by the announcement on Student loans. Then he evolved and promoted Same Sex Marriage. Each and every one was aimed at a select target group where his popularity was waning.

Back