Ramshot Tac temp sensative

Think I found the answer incase anyone wants to know, here it is.[/b]
First I would like to thank you for your interest in Ramshot powders.

All of the powders sold under the Ramshot or Accurate brands meet or exceed the military specification for hot and cold stability. As with anything some powders are better than others. Single base powders such as Varget can be made more temperature stable than double based powders such as Accurate 2520 although there are trade offs to anything. While the nitroglycerin in a double based powder makes it less temperature stable it is the component that makes double based powders cleaner burning and allows them to attain higher velocities than their single based cousins.

In both the single base and double base lines of powders some powders have better temperature stability than others. Ramshot "TAC" is one of the most temperature stable double based powders available. It is this very reason that so much of it is being used for military applications in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Even under extreme temperatures Ramshot "TAC" will vary less than half of what the military will allow.

I hope this helps you out.

Good shooting!

Keith Anderson
Western Powders Ballistic Lab

TAC is the cleanest burning Ball powder, that I have ever used. I found burn rate to vary significantly from lot to lot. This was in 2002.

Originally Posted By: EddieHarrenTAC is the cleanest burning Ball powder, that I have ever used. I found burn rate to vary significantly from lot to lot. This was in 2002.

Glad I bought 15lbs of the same lot, I'll keep an eye out when i change lots. Adam

Ram Shot TAC shoots great in my RRA PP .223 Rem. and my T/C Contender .223 Rem. Pistol with a 10" barrel. My load for the RRA PP I can shoot in my Contender and keep them all in a 2" bull at 100 YDS.
Of course I am shooting off of sand bags and using a scope set on 6 power.

You guys would call me a liar if I told you how well the contender will really shoot @ 100 YDS. NO not the holy grail of one hole.

I like TAC for more than just good accuracy it also is very clean compared to other powders I have tried.

DAB

PS. Bullet in Contender is Hornady 55 Gr. V-Max and in RRA PP also.

DAB

I'm slowly switching over to Ramshot.
I have been using Tac and Hunter and I'm going to try Big Game soon. I have been very happy with using them. My sd's and velocity spreads have both gone down in both using Tac and Big Game.

This is what I got from Tac using a Sierra 55 grain SBT, I got the load data from Ramshot directly. It is considered 5.56 pressure data. I just got a Blackhole Weaponry 20 inch light weight 5.56 barrel, both groups are four shots and the diamond is one inch shot at 100 yards. I used some Benchmark but it showed pressure real early.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

I've used four of the Ramshot rifle powders for over 2 years now. Haven't noticed them being temperature sensitive, but then seldom gets below zero around here and I don't own a chronograph to note any velocity changes due to temp differences.

As noted earlier, found the Ramshot powders to burn clean. But, what I like about them is how they meter so well. Most of my reloading is done with Lee dippers and dippers I've made. Yea, I have a balance scale and a couple of digital scales, but seldom use them. Due to the fine spherical granules of Ramshot powders, I can throw a pretty consistent charge of powder with my dippers.

Back