camo net to cover up truck

Destroyer

Has any body tried one of those military camo net to cover your truck when calling. I need to do some thing, some times when I go calling I take out my girl friend she just sits in the truck she doesn't care to hunt she just wants to see the country. Any way I think at least 5 times or more she has said I saw a coyote running your direction then it saw the truck and took of the other way. I bet one of those camo nets would work good. Just wanted to know if any body tried it before I bought one

Destroyer I haven`t tried the net route , but I did camo paint an old truck we used to call out of. Worked wonders, espedially at night on bobcats, Stopped them from hanging up at 100 yards. Only problem was if you had to trail one very far, There was a time or two I thought I was going to have to wait till daylight to find it.

Be careful if you care about the paint on the truck. There are little metal rings throughout the netting that would probably scratch the truck up.

You have the perfect setup for a drop and drive. Just get a couple of hand-held radios and you'll be set. Have her drop you off then drive off a ways. Radio her when you are ready for pickup.

cat whacker, thats a good idea but I just bought the truck and don't want to ruein the resale.

BroncoGlenn, is it possible to take the metal rings out or is that whats holding the net together. I like your idea about her driving the truck out of the area but she does not go with me all the time. And when I go by me self I would still need some thing to hide the truck

Destroyer, I suppose you could remove the rings and replace them with string, although that may make for a lot of maintenance.

Have you considered a surplus parachute? Very large and comes in OD green. I'm considering getting one of these myself when I have an extra $50. You could cut out a spot for your g/f to see out when she is left in the truck, but neither the parachute or the netting is going to be conducive to opening doors and both still involve time and effort to deploy and recover. Probably more effort is involved with the net because they snag on just about everything.

If you are going to have her in the truck you should seriously consider doing a drop and drive stand. Use the parachute to cover the truck when going solo. Just like the camo you wear, it's not about making it invisible, it's about breaking up the outline so it doesn't look like a truck.

I've been putting off buying a parachute for covering my truck, even though I have had proof atleast twice that I should have had one. The last time I took my son out I had one coming form 1/2 mile out, but skidded to a stop at 150 yards when he spotted my truck another 1/2 mile away!{maybe I shouldn't complain, he wasn't looking at me, and he stood there till he died.}

Where can I buy a parachute. My truck is already green, I think the only reason they notice the trick is because it is just so damn shiny. Thanks guys for your help

buy the radios and do the drop and drive. just the sound of the truck driving off will put the critters a little more at ease. i ll trade you wifes for the hunting season if you can get yours to do drop and drives all night when the cold makes the gun feel like you,re holding dry ice.
Sportingly
Cracker

cracker, we did that drop and drive trick years ago during the day and it does work. No need for us to do it at night, we only did it if we seen a road crosser or a mousing coyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back