Bob Hope: Greatest Movie Line Ever

lol.gif
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

A funny man, he is missed. 25 years or so ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope. Today we have Obama, no cash and no hope.

Now I suspect that one or the other of the dynamic duo (HB or RR) will wander in and say that he wasn't serious in that clip. So let's just get ahead of "have ya got a link to that" runner. If he didn't mean it, he sure gave a lot of money to the R's.

http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Bob_Hope.php

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaSo let's just get ahead of "have ya got a link to that" runner.

You noticed that, too, huh blasta?

Regards,
hm

Quote:So let's just get ahead of "have ya got a link to that" runner. with all the misinformation you post it’s very important to get links
lol.gif

Don't know why anyone bothers giving them for you, you certainly don't bother looking at them. But then I guess you'd have to pull your head out to do that. Not likely.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaDon't know why anyone bothers giving them for you, you certainly don't bother looking at them. But then I guess you'd have to pull your head out to do that. Not likely.
why blasta how rude. And after all the nice things i've said about you.

my dad met bob hope during a USO tour in Japan, post WWII. Dad was stationed there & he played for the show. He was playing his Gibson acoustic & Bob came on stage, took the guitar & payed it a bit before handing it back.

Since Dad passed on, I now have that guitar.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishmy dad met bob hope during a USO tour in Japan, post WWII. Dad was stationed there & he played for the show. He was playing his Gibson acoustic & Bob came on stage, took the guitar & payed it a bit before handing it back.

Since Dad passed on, I now have that guitar.

That's a cool story Stu.

Dad was way better on the guitar than I ever got to be. Way back when, the grand ole opry had a road show they broadcast on radio. Sometime in the late 50's they were in el paso, tx & he was stationed there. he entered the competition & won. I think playing this guitar, but I'm not sure.

he also had an electric guitar he made himself from scratch, might have use that one. I have it, too:

axe148.jpg

A cabinet maker saw it and decided that it needed a special case, so he made this one for it:

Case001.jpg

It has almost 5000 pieces of hand inlaid hardwoods from 17 countries in it.

can't even imagine what it would cost back then, but the guy gave it to him for free. refused to take anything for it.

Originally Posted By: coyote6974you'd best be careful showing that case on the net Stu. Holder may send in some thugs to impound it for using illegal wood.

That would depend on whether the maker contributes to Obama's re-election or not.
wink.gif

Back