Which Foxpro is the best for the least $$$---Opinions please

AROKHUNTER

I am a newbie to the whole predator hunting scene and I know that I will be purchasing a Fox Pro sometime in the near future. Unfortunately, I can't go out and buy the exact call that I would like (the Krakatoa). So, I was hoping that some of you that have had experience with the Foxpro calls could tell me which call would work the best that is not the most expensive. Again, I am on a budget. I don't care if it is a current model or one that isn't made anymore. If I can find a good deal on a used on, that's what I will get. I just need some experienced opinions for some calls to stay away from or to jump on. Thanks in advance.

My hunting partner and my BinL both run Spitfires(I've killed a few critters over their calls) and it is a great caller for the money. Starting out, learning to pick good stands, work the wind and learn where coyotes will most likely come from is far more important than an expensive call. The little spitfire has great sound and a good selection of calls from the factory. You can change calls on it also. Once you start putting coyotes down you can always upgrade and likely get your investment back on the Spitfire or keep it as a back up.

Cabelas had a sale recently for $149 but it is over, I did find this for a friend, I haven't done business with them but the price is great. $154 for the Spitefire, I tink the Wildfire is $199.

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=56500

Watch the classifides here also, I saw a Spitfire for $130 the other day and a 416 in that range also. There are some deals on recconditioned Foxpros at Foxpro I believe.

I personally like the Minaska call, but there aren't any entry level calls in their line now.

Last edited:
I started w/ the Spitfire also and had good success. I only upgraded for a few more sounds and features. I believe you can "choose" which sounds you have programmed initially to customize to your area/style on the spitfire....I know you can on the FS...but it's more $$. You can find alot of info on this site on the preferred sounds of members in your area or you can see the "sound poll results" on gofoxpro.com. Good luck and keep huntin'.

Allpredatorcalls.com a sponsor here on PM will program a Spitfire or any of the Foxpro calls with any sounds you want from the Foxpro sound list. The Spitfire there is $179.

Here is my opinion for what is is worth.... I would suggest looking at an older Foxpro Scorpion X1A model, It has the tried and true FX5 remote with 4 presets instead of only 2 like the X1B, it will hold 200 sounds, has a nice compact size fairly loud on its own, but where it really shines is when you add a TOA610 (the same speaker Foxpro uses on the CS24) you have a poor mans CS24 a TOA to give you LOUD and the scorpion cone speaker to give you the high end above what a TOA can produce for excellant coaxers. I called Foxpro recently and they still had a few "refurbished" X1A's on hand. A new TOA can be found with a little looking on Ebay for under 30 bucks shipped. Now for the disclaimer, I did not stay at a holiday inn last night, I have owned a Fury and a X1A. I currently have a CS24 and a Minaksa Big Country. I like my CS24 its loud, clear and easy to carry, downsides the remote selector can be touchy when its cold. The remote takes some geting used to with a lot of bells and whistles. The MAJOR plus to Foxpro is if you have a problem or a question, I can email them and get an answer within an hour or two. My Minaska drives me crazy its a true love hate relationship, It has the same white noise problem that has plagued Minaska since 2007. (they claim it will be fixed with their new board) The remote is why I don't give up on the caller, its simple straight forward to use and has good range. It flat out works. Customer service from Minaska is a JOKE to be kind, plan on at least 10-21 days for Steve to respond, if at all to your Emails, Don't try to call them as they do not have a working phone number.

Spend enough money to get a Foxpro with preset sounds on it. I would hate to call coyotes without my preset sounds.

You should be able to get a good buy on a used Foxpro on the Predator Masters Classified Adds this time of the year.

I have a spitfire and a wildfire started with the spitfire worked great but once i got hooked i upgraded imo the spitfire is a good starter call called in yotes with it just my fault i could not hit them

I started with a Spitfire since that was all I could afford at the time. I had really good success with it but I knew down the road I would want more so I saved my pennies and kept watching the classifies on here and at Foxpro and ended up getting a Fury here on this sight for 430.00 that was used only one time. I sent it into Foxpro and had Foxbang programed into it for 85.00 and now I should be good to go. If I were you wait and watch..there are some good used ones out there. Also, if you have a Sportsmans Whse or such ask if you could put what you want on lay-away. I know that is kind of old fashion in this day and age of instant gratification but by the time you get it out the season will just be around the corner. I did keep my Spitfire for a spare just in case the Fury goes down when the colder weather hits..or if someone needs to borrow it to try out coyote hunting.

ICOtec has a $70 ecaller, I think it has 12 calls for coyotes, 120 decibels, 300 yard range on the remote. If you don't need several hundred calls, this is a better budget caller.

FYI

MadMac, I see you say that the ICOtec is a better caller, Do you have one? Im only curious because I got a flyer about their callers today, but ICOtecs website leads you to believe they are on backorder and only taking preorders. If you have one is the remote a true 300 yard remote? Are the sounds loud and distortion free across the entire volme range? How many volume steps from silence to full blast? How many and what kind of batteries does the unit and the remote take? thanks

Originally Posted By: madmacs0101ICOtec has a $70 ecaller, I think it has 12 calls for coyotes, 120 decibels, 300 yard range on the remote. If you don't need several hundred calls, this is a better budget caller.

FYI

LMAO........ Yet another caller (actually 3 of em in the line up) using Wildlife Tech sounds. This is really getting funny now.

Oh yeah, none of the ICOtec callers are available yet.
smile.gif

I have a FoxPro Spitfire, FX-5 and the Krakatoa and i wouldn't change if offered free callers from other companies.

FoxPro is #1 in Customer Service and that is an invaluable additon to the price of their callers.

Back