Thought I'd give old Hb a lift, after all, it's Friday!

hm1996

Staff member
HB would love it here; he'd be right at home in an area that four days into the primary voting there have been 5568 total early votes cast, of which 4899 voted democratic ballots and 782 republican. This may be a bit skewed, however, because it is not uncommon to cross party lines during primaries in order to have a voice in the local elections as there are not many local politicos running with an R after their name. Besides that, you can vote against the worst ones twice by voting D in the primary and R in the regular election.
Thedevilmasdemedoit.gif

I find it important to keep a sense of humor (beats crying all the time) and there were a couple of humorous (sad, not funny) things I encountered at the polls this morning.

There were a couple of elderly men ahead of us that, when asked which primary they wished to vote in, replied "either one". Clerk asked the first, "you have to choose one or the other, republican or democrat" to which he replied republican. Clerk asked 2nd one "You have to choose......democrat or republican" and, you guessed it, he chose democat (the first choice given). I don't think either had a clue. Doesn't that give ya a warm and fuzzy feeling about the future of our country?

The wife was ahead of me and chose the republican ballot and when I replied republican to the same question, the clerk turned to the next poll worker, handed him my voter rregistration card and said, "we got another one".

Yep, S. Tx. is democrat country, sometimes I feel like Custer at Little Big Horn; thank God for the rest of the state!

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaSi se puede. That gave ole HB a tingling feeling running down his leg.

False Alarm!!

That Tingling just so happens to be a leaky Depends!

You sure they weren't simply inferring you were right up there with those other two lost old souls in line in front of you, and her remarks were aimed at the onset of senility, the need for miracle drugs like Rograine, what's that other one, the little blue pill, [beeep] I forget, or the impending need for depends?

I thought maybe you were going to make all of our days and tell us the Tennessee attorney beat Obama in Texas.

Sounds like yet another pocket of folks looking to get something for nothing. Wonder what those lost folks are gonna do when the China money gets cut off.

Originally Posted By: meat hunterSounds like yet another pocket of folks looking to get something for nothing. Wonder what those lost folks are gonna do when the China money gets cut off.

Very astute observation, MH. Ya nailed it.

There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel, although I'll not live long enough to reach it. The first Republican county judge ever was elected a few years back and more and more republican candidates appear on the ballot. A few even get elected
smile.gif
. There's room for some "hope", but "change" comes slowly to S. Texas.

Regards,
hm

Back