Browning A-bolt medallion .223 laminate.

coyotex

My dad just bought one of these used last night...it has the boss on it(i wonder if this actually does anything)...its wearing a gloss leupy vxII.

To say its purdy would be a understatement.

Odd thing is when i look em up online,,cant find any with the gold fill....is this something someone done themselves or factory?

He also bought a TC carbine rifle w/7 barrels all scoped.

He had me there with him because he wasnt sure on the worth of them.

Any info on the browning would be appreciated.

X

Sounds like one Sweet Rifle!I'd love a Browning A-Bolt Hunter in a .223 Caliber...even more so in a .204 which was only made during the early 2004? Shot Show a few years back!

I've got a Browning A-Bolt Hunter Medallion in a .270 WSM regular blued-barrel it has the scroll work on it but it is plain and not gold in laid....bet it was either special ordered or done by someone else?Mine has the gold trigger and thats it.

The Boss it suppose to help will recoil but be careful of the muzzle blast that comes out from the sides of it...usually a muzzle break will help a lot with recoil but in the end it actually a lot louder when it is is shot!To me its kind of over-kill especially for a .223 which shouldn't have much recoil in the first place?

I also have the Plain Jane Browning A-Bolt Hunter in .243 and its a great shooting Rifle that still looks very nice without all the scroll work...I believe it has the gold trigger on it also?!

Next time i get around it,,ill try and get a photo.

Plus if he ends up keeping it,i will be developing loads for it,,,so ill be shooting it too.

Thanks for the info guys,

X

...it has the boss on it(i wonder if this actually does anything)...

The boss is suppose to do two things 1st it is a muzzle break. 2nd you can ajust it in and out to tune your barrel. for better accuracy.

I use to hunt with a guy that had the A-bolt Gold Medallion in 300WM. It was too purdy to hunt with in my opinion. The receiver had scroll engraving as well as the floor plate if I remember right (it's been almost 15yrs ago) and had a beautiful walnut stock with great checkering and beautiful wood grain. His wife got it for his birthday and got a set of Leupold rings engraved to match. The idiot went and felonized himself over a bear and had to give it up with the rest of his guns.

As for the boss, they can be ear shredders. Most folks I know that have one paid the $80 or so for the CR cap. I'm sure there is something to the tuning thing, I just haven't met anybody that used it for that yet.

Originally Posted By: rgvt4...it has the boss on it(i wonder if this actually does anything)...

The boss is suppose to do two things 1st it is a muzzle break. 2nd you can ajust it in and out to tune your barrel. for better accuracy.

The BOSS put quite simply... WORKS. It reduces recoil and, when properly adjusted will improve accuracy. I have a factory installed BOSS on My 7mm Mag, Win. Mod 70 Classic. After proper tuning of the BOSS 100 yd groups shrank from about 1.25in to .675in. I'm happy.
Contact Browning for instructions on properly adjusting the BOSS.

I've got one of those guns and love it. It's too big, heavy, and shiny for coyote hunting, but it's a prairie dog killin' machine. It also won the Egg Shoot for me in 2010. Mine really likes 50 grain V-maxes over 26 grains of Benchmark. I just the set the BOSS on the factory recommended "sweet spot," worked up a load (which was quite easy), and started shooting.

Back