WE WILL NOT TOLERATE INTOLERANCE !

azmastablasta

Please excuse my yelling. What a bunch of hypocritical pricks.

May 16, 2012
Manny Pacquiao banned by LA mall for anti-gay comments

Manny Pacquiao has been banned from a Los Angeles mall where he was scheduled to make a television appearance today, because of his comments about opposing same-sex marriage.

The boxing champion was scheduled to appear on the Extra show, which is hosted by Mario Lopez and filmed at The Grove mall in the Fairfax district of Los Angeles.

But The Grove issued a statement to LA Weekly saying that Pacquiao was no longer welcomed at the mall. It said: "Based on news reports of statements made by Mr. Pacquiao we have made it be known that he is not welcome at The Grove and will not be interviewed here now or in the future. The Grove is a gathering place for all Angelenos and not a place for intolerance."

In a statement on his website, written by boxing trainer and writer Keith Terceira, Pacquiao attempts to clarify his remarks about gay marriage, saying: "I'm not against gay people. I have a relative who is also gay. We can't help it if they were born that way. What I'm critical off are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God."

Pacquiao adds that in his interview with the National Conservative Examiner, where his remarks were first published, he never cited a Bible verse from Leviticus that says gay men should be "put to death."

In that article, Pacquiao was quoted saying: "God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married. It should not be of the same sex, so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/.../1#.T7QweMXijpd

Maybe Manny needs to address the heterosexual community and suggest they express their feelings to mall management. I'm pretty sure he could convince enough folks to move their business elsewhere, to let the good folks at the mall rethink their position.

Back