Wisconsinites: Check-In/Hunt Reports

Well, folks, I contacted Sen. Neal Kedzie's office and was told that the best contacts to make would be (may be misspelled):

Sen. Mary Panzer (chairs the Senate Scheduling Committee) R

Senator Lefay R

Senator Zien R

Senator Erfenbach D

Senator Hansen D

Please email, call, send messenger pigeons, whatever asking them to schedule a vote on AB 374. Time really is of the essence as if it does not come up for a vote during this session it will die on the vine and we'll have to go through the whole process again.

While you're at it, take a look at AB 109, which is also available for scheduling. It includes a pile of youth hunting initiatives, one of which is
reciprocal reduced small game licenses for youth. Been pushing it for years. Basically, if Wis. offered reduced small game licenses for kids from other states, Wis. kids could get the same in other states with similar programs.
My wife and I pushed the reduced small game licenses for kids in Wis. and got it included as a line item in the 1996 budget.

What it boils down to is this example: If Wis. would allow kids from North Dakota to purchase small game licenses at the Wis. reduced rate, Wis. kids could hunt in North Dakota for about $8.00 instead of dear old Dad having to shell out the $95.00 to take a kid on a hunting trip out there.

There are a lot of other intiitatives included on AB 109 that are really good. Encourage you all to take a look at it.

In any case, please do whatever you can to encourage a vote on AB374, and I'd appreciate any help on AB 109 as well.

Thanks!

Moosetrot

The phone number of Senator Mary Panzar is 1-800-662-1227...in Madison. Please call her office and ask her to schedule Bill AB374, (ASAP)the coyote light bill, AND also tell her of your strong support for this bill. We need this bill passed this year (in 2 weeks) or it will die and we will have to start all over again. Contact EVERYBODY else on the above list if you can and show your support of Bill AB374. ALSO state your strong support for Bill AB109 and get this one scheduled too so it will pass into law. PLEASE make the call ASAP !!

Had to bring this post back up to the top...it IS important. Please call the FREE 800# in Madison and support these 2 Wisconsin Bills. WE NEED your support. These laws are for ALL of us (Wisconsin) hunters.

evhtml

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Need an Aerial Photo of your hunting area?

http://www.keyhole.com/

Has any one from Our Great State of Cheese Heads, Ever gotten a yote hunting in the Vernon marsh. Eather on the Frog Ally side or the Benson RD side? If you have let me know about it. I hnt there often since i live about 30 Sec. away from it and Iv never had any luck, Just courious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

f97f7e95.jpg

:rolleyes: 30 years ago, we used to go to the Frog Alley parking lot and use a spot lite to scan the valley & if we spotted one, we shot from the lot.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They have since then developed the lot for hikers and what not and you can't do it anymore.

:rolleyes: As for hunting the marsh now, I haven't heard ANYTHING from anybody in years about how Vernon is? Best bet would be the north-west side. (I going by past, 25-30 yr old opinion)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Has anyone tryed the old "Troy" P.H.G.?

facad5ef.jpg

Expanded Aerial Pic:

http://www.keyhole.com/evhtml?lat=42.757...78%2C-88 .40500 0000000%2C%22East+Troy%2C+WI%22%2C%22772.JPG%22&clickmode=1&cobrand_nm=sandicor

Looks like I'm done for the time being. Reports around here are that the coyotes are pretty mangey. Couple months and we'll be back at it again.

Scott

Hey guys, just checking in. Haven't been out to hunt since a week after that big snowfall (then some dork walks through my setup...I was about to leave anyway). Life has been busy and all.

John

Lucky you. You have snow. We haven't had squat for snow cover around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Life sucks...then it snow's and gets better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

:eek: 152 replies so far!

Don't forget the spring hearings tonight.I'll be out to Waukesha for mine.

I see they have a question about the use of lights for coyote night hunting.

Take care,
Mike

Thats great news...but remember that NO bill can be presented to the state legislature until after Jan 1st..AND it must ...again...be presented as a Assembly bill first. Our bill AB 374 did NOT make it to the Senate floor this past March. So that means NO USE OF LIGHTS this year in Wisconsin while hunting coyotes.

Back