QD suppressors

pahntr760

I have seen some QD cans in action. I plain can't afford multiple cans for multiple rifles. I was looking into the Yankee Hill QD 7.62 can. It would work for all my rifles, and only 1 stamp. Has anyone ran into issues with these type of cans? I'm just afraid of swapping the can between rifles with those tiny threads vs the coarser threads on the QD type.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I have seen some QD cans in action. I plain can't afford multiple cans for multiple rifles. I was looking into the Yankee Hill QD 7.62 can. It would work for all my rifles, and only 1 stamp. Has anyone ran into issues with these type of cans? I'm just afraid of swapping the can between rifles with those tiny threads vs the coarser threads on the QD type.

My QD can has a three lug bayonet fitting and I have two rifles and a pistol fitted for it - 1/3 of a twist and it's off. The threads are protected by the barrel adapter.

KittyPistol-2.jpg

KittyPistol-4.jpg

KittyPistol-5.jpg

KittySingleShotRiffle-2.jpg

SuperKittyAutoRiffle-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I have seen some QD cans in action. I plain can't afford multiple cans for multiple rifles. I was looking into the Yankee Hill QD 7.62 can. It would work for all my rifles, and only 1 stamp. Has anyone ran into issues with these type of cans? I'm just afraid of swapping the can between rifles with those tiny threads vs the coarser threads on the QD type.

being a dealer I personally don't have this issue
wink.gif

BUT I know plenty of guys who do... your mindset is on the right track with the YHM QD series, IF you buy the phantom 762 QD it comes with a QD flash suppressor that is threaded 5/8X24 (for your basic cals over the .224 cal) all you need to do is purchase more QD flash suppressors for your variable cal rifles, and IF you have .224 cals such as your 22LR, .223, 22-250 etc. YHM makes a QD mount that is smaller and has 1/2X28 TPI that fits not only the phantom 556 can but the larger phantom 762 suppressor as well, so now you not only have one can for multiple cals, but a very quick and efficient way of swapping your suppressor, and having the flash suppressor protecting the threads of all your other rifles while they wait!!!
From my experience, I have had NO issues with the YHM suppressors, they are built like tanks, heavy but work very well!!!

Thanks, bud. Thats what I was figuring. I've shot with a member here who has the YHM phantom. It works amazingly well. I'm thinking I will be going this route...

+1 on what Skinney said. I will add that I have a thread on 5.56 YHM Phantom and it works well. I have some other cans I want to try when the piggybank gets bigger but I am happy with the Phantom. It truly is built like a tank.

FWIW I run a QD AAC SPR/M4 in 6.8 and run it both on my AR Performance 6.8x43 and my RRA .223.

I've never had a YHM, but skinney's got the experience so I'd go with his recommendation.

Sendit

I have the 5.56 and .308 YHM Phantom cans with the QD. I have had no problem with the can or the QD mounts. I have a QD mount on three of my ARs, my M1A, and a Remmy 700. No issues. After several thousand rounds, I haven't even had trouble with the finish. For the money, YHM products are hard to beat.

I have the YMH 7.62 QD and currently have the adapter on a 17 HMR, a 223 AR, a 300 BLK AR and am considering threading a Marlin 336 lever gun for Hillbilly Tactical. The YMH SS can is heavy as many people describe but you can install it on anything up to 300 mag. Its suppression numbers are pretty good in comparison to other cans, it is sturdy and versatile and does not break the bank. The Ti one is lighter and more expensive but no doubt as versatile.

My POI on my skinny barrel AR drops about 6 inches but tightens up the group a bit. I think a heavier barrel would have less POI change.

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsIf Taxachusetts figures out how to put a state tax on them, they may become legal.

Jack

LOL... oh, thats funny.

Back