Nikon M-223 Mounts

Centurion

I'm picking up a Nikon M-223 3-12x42 600BDC scope tomorrow that I ordered at a local gunshop. Not knowing better I ordered the M-223 one piece mount that doesn't have 20 MOA built in after the dealer didn't order the mount with the scope like I asked him to. Will this mount work with the 3-12 scope, or do I have to return it and get the mount #743 which had 20 MOA built in? I plan on doing a fair amount of long range shooting with my Rock River Arms AR. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for any advice.

you dont need the 20 moa mount. the 20 moa mounts are for when your shooting really really long range and need the extra 20moa of elavation. with the bdc you will only need to dial you scope into 200yard and never touch your turrets again.

Thanks a lot! Now I feel better. I'm going to pick up the scope now and the mount will be here in two days. I plan on hunting coyotes for the first time this year. I plan on calling them in this summer so I have the hang of it then when the season arrives I'll be ready. I appreciate your response.

calling them in this summer will only educate them and make them harder this fall. coyote are very very smart and adapt and learn very quickly.

I'll be glad to update you and get some pics to you. I'm thinking about getting some cerakote paint to get my rig camouflaged, but I'm a little hesitant. I hate to mess up such a pretty rifle. I might look to a professional artist I know to do the work. I guess that would be smarter.
I picked up the scope today. It's a great scope. I'll get the mount tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. A friend and I will go out and get is sighted in, then try to find some woodchucks the coyotes haven't killed. I'm looking forward to October when I can eliminate some of the coyotes.

I have the m223 with the 20 moa but like he said its just for long range.... But nikon is runnin a special were u get the m223 free if u buy the scope. U have to say the promo code at checkout counter. I would look into it before u buy it.

I have the M-223 3-12
One of the best scope I have ever bought.
I have only shot it to 200yds.
But at 200 and the first BDC it is dead on the money with my 53 V-Max load

I don't know how to post pictures of my rifle. I have pictures in "My Pictures" on my computer. Can you tell me how to get them to the forum? Thanks.

Hey Bart-- I painted that nice new scope. Here are the pics-

Various096.jpg

Various098.jpg

I did a little shooting at 250 yards today, after getting zeroed at 100 yards. In a pretty strong wind at 250 yards I was hitting at the right elevation, but an inch and a half to the right. That Nikon M223 3-12x42 600 BDC is quite a scope! On a less windy day I plan on taking some even longer shots. It looks like I made a good decision going with that scope.

Back