FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Thanks, Stu, for the Dio!!
whistle.gif
whistle.gif

I was a fan of the late RJD's voice from way back with Ritchie Blackmore & Rainbow.
But, I didn't become a "true" Dio fan, until he formed his group Dio, w/Vivian Campbell & Vinnie Appice.
It always amazed me that such a powerful, gravelly voice could come from such a small guy!!
And, he was quite a lyricist [sp], & poet, covering topics in his songs like child abuse, ect.
(Admittedly, my folks didn't like me listening to "that devil music", but I tink that was because it was loud & they couldn't understand the lyrics. Kind of like how I feel about some of the things my kids listen to.)
wink.gif

As for the group Kansas...
Well, considering the era I grew up in, their sometimes complex lyrics & instrumentals...& the fact I'm from Kansas....enough said, me thinks.
cool.gif

Brian,
Thorn, IMHO, is a very under-rated songwriter.
And because of that, a lot of people don't know who he is (their loss).

I still laugh my tail off every time I here this one...

Here we go again, for another week. Hahahaha

Today, I think I'll go back to my roots...and I'm feeling a little "political" as well (LOL)......

And yes, I know it's a "laundry list" of songs.
But I hope you enjoy them!

Merle......
..."Farmer's Daughter"...

..."Way Back In The Mountains"...

..."A Workin' Man Can't Get Nowhere Today"...

..."America First"...

..."White Line Fever"...

..."Where Did America Go?"...

Ray......
..."Funny How Time Slips Away"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsZqwxCty-s&feature=fvst
..."Crazy Arms"...

..."City Lights"...

..."Heart Over Mind"...

Ferlin......
..."Gone"...

Don......
..."Woman"...

..."Lonesome Number One"...

Eddie......
..."Make The World Go Away"...

..."What's He Doin' In My World?"...

Gentleman Jim......
..."The Blizzard"...

..."After Loving You"...

..."Welcome To My World"...

..."Am I That Easy To Forget?"...

Sorry, I missed last night. I just got back from turkey hunting, fishing and camping with my grandsons 10 & 12 yr old.

What was that song we heard playing on the radio, that went like: Sent him to vietnam on his senior trip, forcing him to be a man when he was just a boy----(Got it). He's an old hippie and he don't know what to do....

Howard and David are legends. Seen them live in our little central park. They stayed around after the concert for hours just signing things and talking, thanking us for allowing them to perform.

The wife and I had the opportunity to see the LT. Dan Band last Fri. night. If any of you ever get the chance to go to one of their shows, I highly recommend it. HIGHLY!

This guy did a bang up job on this Hendrix tune.

Just for kicks check out the hot gogo dancer in this one.
smile.gif
The good old days.

Back