remington model 7 predator

I have a .243 win as well. It shoot OK...

243V-MAX.jpg

8e4efec1.jpg

Though, it doesn't look like a Predator model any more.

3a257cb9-1.jpg

I had one in 22-250 after several different reloads and factory rounds sent it back to remi after they had for a month sent it back same deal would not group. They sent a target back with it that had a 3/4 inch 3 shot group that they said had been shot at 100 yards with remi 55 gr psp. i went and bought a box put my scope back on and shot it at 50 yards with a 16" key holed group. I traded it in on a savage model 10 predator best trade i ever made.
The Model 7 predator has a 1-14 twist. I have a friend that has one exactly like the one i got rid of and his shoots everything from 45s to 69s at 1" or better.

Pahntr760,

That's a nice looking rifle. You caught my interest with the stock. Which stock is that?

Nice photos, GC.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Pahntr760,

That's a nice looking rifle. You caught my interest with the stock. Which stock is that?

Nice photos, GC.

Thanks for the complements. Someday, it will be CeraKoted, not just rattle can. I was thinking a matte black with tan in the flutes??

As for the stock, it is a Alaskan II Model Seven BDL Model . I feel it is a great stock. Very comfortable to shoot and I like it quite well.

Originally Posted By: blopez50Pahntr760- Is that the 58gr?

The top group is 58 VMax. Pushed with IMR-4064. I'm shooting the cheaper, but same, 58 ZMax bullets now. $75/500 at sportsmans!!

The botom 2 are 87 Gr VMax.

Truth is, it has digested anything I feed it. I use the 100 gr ProHunter for deer (just not in THIS 243, yet...)

hey all, hows she going?

pahntr760, i have a question for ya, ifin ya dont mind?
is that finish on your barrel whats under the camo dip? im about to redo mine, this stock sucks in a hard way! From what i can see they look like they have white paint under the dip, i dont know if thats right or not but thats what i see. i dont wanna strip it an find out i gotta finish the bare steel!

thanks coop

In case anybody is interested...the H-S Precision Sporter stock made for the Model 7 doesn't fit the Predator medium contour fluted barrel. I bought one after the technical staff at H-S Precision said it would fit with a little sanding of the channel. Unfortunately the sides of the channel are not thick enough and you would remove all the material trying to fit it. I have to return it.

Oddly B&C told me the Predator barrel would not fit their stock for the same reason, yet Shane's seemed to fit just fine. Looks darn good too. I can't decide whether to stick with my Boyd's stock (thumbhole) or get the B&C.

Alaskan 700 BDL Mountain Rifle NEW!
- Full Block 700 BDL or DBM Long Action Only
- Mountain Rifle Barrel Channel (28-30 oz.)
- as close to the proverbial drop-in fit as it gets!
- think Alaskan II for Mountain Rifles and similar custom barrels.
- length-of-pull 13.5"; weight 30 oz. O.A.L. 30.5"

Ultra Light Weight!
Mountain Rifle Cut for lightweight barrels;
Alaskans Cut for Standard / Magnum Barrels;
Streamlined for easy carrying and fast handling;
Decelerator Brand Recoil Pad;
Raised right handed cheekrest (on left side) will not interfere with lefties;
Comes complete with Swivel Studs Installed;
Aluminum Pillar Construction on 2950 Mountain Rifle Model;
Lightweight Magnum Reinforced Front Block on the 2265/7 Alaskan Ti Model;
Full Length Aluminum Block on the 2461/2/3/4 Alaskan II Model;
Full Length Aluminum Block on the 2466 Model Seven version;
Full Length Aluminum Block on the 2465 Mountain Rifle LA Model

from stockys, its a bit confusing, but mine fit with ease. I just removed the paint from the bbl channel to get a free float. I mean, they even say it fits Long Action model 7. That dont exist!

Get the B&C and run with it. They will fit!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wahoowadIn case anybody is interested...the H-S Precision Sporter stock made for the Model 7 doesn't fit the Predator medium contour fluted barrel. I bought one after the technical staff at H-S Precision said it would fit with a little sanding of the channel.

im interested if your gonna sell the h&s. pm me with info

kyle

Back