Obama Nearly Lost W. Virginia Primary

azmastablasta

Ouch, this must have burned his butt. I guess they had to pick one criminal over the other. This can't bode well for November.

Federal Inmate Keith Judd Receiving Sizable Percent of Vote in West Virginia Democratic Primary
ABC NewsBy Elizabeth Hartfield | ABC News – 3 hrs ago

Barack Obama was not the only Democrat on the ballot on Tuesday in West Virginia's Democratic Presidential Primary. Keith Judd - also known as Inmate No. 11593-051 at the Federal Correctional Institution in Texarkana, Texas - was running against him.

Judd, who is serving out a 17.5 year sentence for extortion, currently has received 40 percent of the vote, with 83 percent of precincts reporting, according to The Associated Press. Obama currently has received 60 percent of the vote.

Obama's lack of popularity in West Virginia has been well-documented. The state's governor Earl Ray Tomblin and it's junior senator Joe Manchin, both Democrats, have kept their distance from the president.

A further potential embarrassment for the Democrats, as The Charleston Gazette reports, Judd only needs 15 percent of the vote - which, indeed, it looks like he has accomplished - in order to be entitled to have at least one delegate represent him at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. this summer.

Judd would not be the first Democratic challenger to Obama to qualify for delegate representation at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. In Oklahoma's Democratic primary in March, Randall Terry, a Democratic candidate who founded the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue and has more than 50 arrests under his belt, received 18 percent of the vote in the primary, giving him one delegate.

It is unknown what type of affect Judd's status as a federal prisoner might have on the delegate allocation and selection to the convention.

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-inmate-kei...s-politics.html

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Clearly not an Obama state. I was hoping you guys might not even notice this little bit of news.

Nope. All them thar hillbillies is raaacist...

Or maybe coal miners that dont want be out of work!!
blushing.gif

It is not an obama state but it is vastly a democrat state it all has to do with coal and jobs which the idiot king has been against since day one at least some of them who have never pushed but one lever all their life are beginning to see the light

If he were a white man he would have been arrested already. Clinton saw impeachment trials for much less. A get out of jail free/race card if there ever was one.

And while we're at it, Zero still needs another driveby slapping. Time to Cry Wolf In Arkansas.

Arkansas's Moment
John Wolfe for president?
2:20 PM, May 9, 2012 • By WILLIAM KRISTOL
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

In the wake of Keith Judd's inspiring showing in the West Virginia Democratic primary, one wonders if there's another state where Democrats could be encouraged to exercise their sovereign right of choice to refuse to rubber stamp the renomination by their party of President Obama.

It turns out the state in question may be Arkansas.

Arkansas votes in two weeks, and there's a Mr. John Wolfe Jr. on the Democratic primary ballot there as an alternative to President Obama. The underfunded Wolfe won only 12 percent of the primary vote in Louisiana against President Obama. But he'll surely be able to exceed that in Arkansas, with the example of Keith Judd's 40 percent showing fresh in mind. Indeed, rumor has it that a couple of super PACs are considering weighing in on Wolfe's behalf. After all, Wolfe is no political novice. A lawyer, like the president, he's been the Democratic nominee in Tennessee's Third Congressional District three times (though he's never won more than a third of the vote). What's more, he seems to have a critique of the president as a lackey of Wall Street and the Pentagon that would well be compelling for Democratic primary voters. And for those Democrats who like a touch of criminality in their elected officials, they'll be glad to know that Wolfe owes the state of Tennessee $10,000 for failing to file campaign finance documents in 2007.

By the way, Arkansas is an open primary state, so Republicans and independents can vote in the Democratic primary. (However, if we might add a caution: Fourth Congressional District residents need to vote in the Republican primary to ensure that Tom Cotton is the next congressman from that district.)

Meanwhile, we at THE WEEKLY STANDARD join to cry Wolfe—for America!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/arkansass-moment_644283.html

Originally Posted By: azmastablasta[font:Arial Black]By the way, Arkansas is an open primary state, so Republicans and independents can vote in the Democratic primary. (However, if we might add a caution: Fourth Congressional District residents need to vote in the Republican primary to ensure that Tom Cotton is the next congressman from that district.)

I'm throwing my .02 cents in for John Cowart in Arkansas for the 4th district. He's a retired USMC Lt.Col. whom I have personally known since he was a lowley private. I remember the first day he checked into the unit. Great guy and really squared away. Like Cotton, he has also earned the Bronze Star.

I live about 10 miles from the FCI in Texarkana. My kids play soccer on the city park fields next to the pen, I'll look for the democrat challenger out on the exercise yard Saturday.lol

Last edited:
Back