RP Smashes Romney In 3 Primaries Tonite

azmastablasta

Oh wait, no he didn't. Let's see, in W. Virginia, he came in a distant 3rd, behind a guy who had dropped out. In N. Carolina he squeezed out a distant 2nd by 1% over the guy who dropped out, and in Indiana, he scored a distant 2nd by 3% over the guy who dropped out. His best showing was 49% behind 1st place. I know I'm not in the RP loop, surely this is all just part of his plan. I bet he's got a plan to takeover the convention, that's it.

Romney sweeps trio of primaries, padding delegate total
By Michael O'Brien

Updated 8:50 p.m. — Mitt Romney added to his delegate count on Tuesday by sweeping the first set of primaries since his main Republican rivals have both ended their campaigns.

The presumptive Republican nominee won the primaries in Indiana, West Virginia and North Carolina, according to Associated Press projections. Between those three states, a total of 107 delegates were at stake in Tuesday's primaries.

Romney entered the contests having won 856 of the 1,144 delegates needed to formally secure the nomination. North Carolina awards 52 delegates, allocated proportionally by statewide vote, while Indiana awards three delegates to winner of its nine congressional districts. West Virginia's delegates are all elected directly on the ballot.

These contests were the first since former House Speaker Newt Gingrich dropped his bid for the Republican nomination, and the first since former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's late-night endorsement of Romney on Monday.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul has continued with his campaign, which has involved an additional strategy of picking off delegates in states that delay formal allocation of delegates to candidates. (I knew it, it is part of a plan.)

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...gate-total?lite

Back