Bell and Carlson Medalist rifle stocks

pyscodog

I just read 26 reviews on the medalist stocks. Two were bad and twenty four were good. Whats your opinion?? Looking to replace the Hogue on my Remington without breaking the bank.

I agree I have 3 and I really like them. Just like all the others they require a glass bedding job to make the contacts perfect to your rifle (In my opinion). I prefer the slimmer wrist of their ultralight stocks.

I've been looking at the Medalist for my Model 7...glad to see the positive reviews. I just hate the notion of having to do a bedding job on a stock that comes with a bedding block.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wahoowadI've been looking at the Medalist for my Model 7...glad to see the positive reviews. I just hate the notion of having to do a bedding job on a stock that comes with a bedding block.

I didn't bed my m7. It still shoots sub MOA with ease. Very nice stocks.

I had a BC medalist on a Howa 22-250. I really liked the stock I would still have it if I wasn't using the rifle for a build. I didn't bed mine and it shot great.

You would not have to bed one, I just cant leave well enough alone and have to do it. Bedding is not a difficult thing, just go slow and dont forget the release agent.

Been looking for a B&C and seems everyone was sold out. Found a place, Red Hawk Rifles .com, who had a bunch of them and several models in stock. Got a M-40 on its way!!

I just put one on my remington and I was disappointed to see it had pressure points in it. I shot 3 three shot groups and two were 1/2in and the third was just over. pressure points don't bother me anymore....Shot it before you mess with it..

I am not saying not to bed.It seems to help or not hurt in most every case I know about.Just saying if you don't want to do it right now shoot it as is and it might be ok just as is.

100% glad I bought mine!

Gun went from shooting cheap American eagle ammo and giving me 3+ inch groups at 100 to right around an inch (If I do my part and the batch is pretty decent)

It feels good, sure I cant compare it to a Manners or McMillan. I will say this, the finish isnt super durable (if it matters to you) but bump it hard enough or scratch it hard enough on a rock and it will come off a bit. No biggie but if you have an OCD against dings and scratches might want to give it a few clear coats or something. Oh and if I might add my bottom metal did not fit in 100% perfect, I had to take a very light emory cloth and just buff around the edges, 5 minutes later and it fit in nice and tight.

Heres mine: Remington 700 SPS Tac .223 wearing the B&C Medalist M40 style.

IMG_1130.jpg

I have 2 of their stocks and 0 complaints. Both were a simple drop in with no grinding or adjusting.

Bottom line, I'd buy another. Just watch where you buy it. Last one I bought I waited 7 weeks for it, had I bought from Midway it would have been a 3 day wait.

I like my Medalist on my 243. I did have mine bedded, but I also had to have the channel opened up and the recoil lug recess area widened. My build had a custom contour barrel and an oversized lug that didn't fit. Figured I might as well get it all done at the same time. I'm looking into another for my M7 in 17rem.
PICT0001.JPG

Noobie,arcorey, I like your shooters! I ordered the tan M-40, hope I like it as well as the green. I plan on cera coating the barrel to somewhat match the stock.

Originally Posted By: jlutcher51I had a BC medalist on a Howa 22-250. I really liked the stock I would still have it if I wasn't using the rifle for a build. I didn't bed mine and it shot great.

That stock is working just perfect on my 22-250 now! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another and wouldn't worry about bedding unless you have group issues. Thanks brother for selling her to me.

Jay

Back