Glock 20 10mm

EasternPredHunter

How accurate are the glock 20 10mm's for hunting? I have seen deer killed at 50 yards, but I want to know how accurate they are on paper. If I do get one, I plan on an aftemnarket 6" bbl with longslide and double tap 230gr hardcast ammo and maybe a low profile open frame red dot.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyHope you reload

Yeah, true. But it isn't any more then say 44 rem or good 45 auto. Not to say its cheap, though. LOL

Originally Posted By: getfoxyHope you reload

Yeah reloading is good but now underwood ammo sells very good fullpower ammo for 29.99 per 50 loaded with xtp and other quaility bullets. The velocity has been independently confirmed, not like that double tap garbage that is a few hundred fps slower then advertised. Plus you can get the conversion barrels and 22 kits.

The factory barrel is not as accurate as an aftermarket barrel in general because they have sloppy chambers for reliability. I put 50 rounds of 40sw through a hole the size of 50 cent piece at 25 yards using a lone wolf conversion barrel and i'm no pistolero. The stock 10mm barrel so far has produced more like 3-4" groups but I haven't tried many kinds of ammo and like I said I'm not much of a pistol shooter. This was all with no rest.

I would think twice about the long slide. Go check them out on Glocktalk.com in the 10 ring forum. Most people say the LS was a huge disappointment and failed to cycle for some people last time I checked.

I would get a 6" kkm barrel for hunting and rock the factory for SD. Look into sights, I forget the name but you can get more of a target sight for accuracy.

You will also want a 22lb spring and SS guide rod.

Not sure why you want a 220 grain when 200 develops more energy and will shoot flatter. The 200 gr is the 10mm sweet spot and the most common recommendation for taking medium size game.

The 10 ring is by far your best source for info.

Look on you tube for a guy hitting the gong at 100 yards with the G20.

They shoot better when they are OD!
Glock013.jpg

joke10.jpg

Last edited:
While the G-20, 10mm, is an excellent weapon and round, do some really good research on the open frame red dot...I mounted one on my G-20 and while the sight itself held up, the mounting that was directly on the slide loosened up pretty quickly...

I wound up going with one of THIS type to eliminate the recoil shock from the slide, as it mounts to the frame, rather than the slide..

For hunting purposes, it will be a hard combination to beat, but then, I'm a big fan of the 10mm...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleWhile the G-20, 10mm, is an excellent weapon and round, do some really good research on the open frame red dot...I mounted one on my G-20 and while the sight itself held up, the mounting that was directly on the slide loosened up pretty quickly...

I wound up going with one of THIS type to eliminate the recoil shock from the slide, as it mounts to the frame, rather than the slide..

For hunting purposes, it will be a hard combination to beat, but then, I'm a big fan of the 10mm...

I thought about using an optic on this mount, probably a low power scope. I was wondering if it will fit in my holster shown above and maybe use it on the chest rig. Or I need a special holster to accomodate it. Would like to whack some hogs with mine.

Thanks Guys I really appreciate it. More feedback is welcomed. If by any chance you guys have pics of targets or animals you have shot with it please post them or PM them to me. Also, if you have any more recommendations for me on ways to improve it please do tell.

I wouldn't mind a small scope on mine either. I just didn't know if there was a holster to accommodate a scoped glock.

BTW... I thought you 10mm shooters would enjoy this article I came across: http://www.westernshooter.com/2011/02/bear-hunt-with-a-glock-20-10mm.html

Last edited:
My brother has one and likes it a lot.He has made some quite long shots on coyote and groundhog.I don't think he has got a deer with it yet but after watching him shoot the coyote I have no doubt he could get a deer.

That's mostly what I got mine for, backup while hunting. Though I enjoyed shooting it so much I put 900 rounds through it. Fun gun..

Try some Underwood 200 grain XTP.

If you can't get your mind around the Glock, and you don't mind spending more money, I'd consider selling my Kimber 10mm Target model...
thumbup1.gif
...I rarely shoot it any more..

Kimber10mmr.jpg

Back