US secretly releasing Taliban fighters

hm1996

Staff member
Originally Posted By: HunterBear71It must suck being associated with al qaeda. Their nightmares feature death from the sky.

Is this gonna come back and bite us in the azz or what?

Quote:
US secretly releasing Taliban fighters, report says

Published May 07, 2012
NewsCore
KABUL –

Taliban20in20Northern20Afghanistan.jpg

FILE: Taliban insurgents pose in front of a burning German military vehicle in northern Kunduz Province. (Reuters)

The US has been secretly releasing captured Taliban fighters from a detention center in Afghanistan in a bid to strengthen its hand in peace talks with the insurgent group, the Washington Post reported Monday.

The "strategic release" program of high-level detainees is designed to give the US a bargaining chip in some areas of Afghanistan where international forces struggle to exercise control, the report said.

Under the risky program, the hardened fighters must promise to give up violence and are threatened with further punishment, but there is nothing to stop them resuming attacks against Afghan and American troops.

"Everyone agrees they are guilty of what they have done and should remain in detention. Everyone agrees that these are bad guys. But the benefits outweigh the risks," a US official told the Post.

In a visit to Afghanistan last week, President Barack Obama confirmed that the US was pursuing peace talks with the Taliban.

"We have made it clear that they [the Taliban] can be a part of this future if they break with Al Qaeda, renounce violence, and abide by Afghan laws. Many members of the Taliban -- from foot soldiers to leaders -- have indicated an interest in reconciliation. A path to peace is now set before them," Obama said.

A stumbling block in the US-Taliban peace talks has been the US refusal to approve the transfer of five Taliban detainees from Guantanamo Bay to Qatar, which the Taliban says is necessary for negotiations to proceed.

The clock is ticking also on the US handover of security control to the Afghans.

At the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago, the US coalition will set a goal for Afghan forces to take the lead in combat operations across the country next year.

During his short visit, Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai signed a partnership deal that charts a 10-year relationship between the US and Afghanistan once the majority of American and foreign forces pull out of the country in 2014.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/07/.../#ixzz1uC3x1xKT

Regards,
hm

The stupidity in this administration is amazing. Like this administration, muslims have no qualms about lying to advance their cause, in fact it's generally said to be approved in the koran to lie to infidels. Just as in the case of this administration, if their lips are moving, they're lying. America is simply a source of laughter and gullibility to these aholes.

As Bubba said in another thread, we need to pull out our troops and bomb the livin s#@t out of that place. There has never been peace with islam involved and there never will be. Kill them all and let God sort them out.

Relax. The good news is that the situation is being handled by competant professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians. The taliban is dispersed throughout that society and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require atleast ten more years.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The scary news is that the situation is being handled by profoundly incompetent professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians even though mere amateurs are of immensely greater intelligence and vastly superior in their ability to assess and correct the situation. The taliban is dispersed throughout that society and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require only a very few strategically placed bombs, as directed by these extremely intelligent amateurs. .

Fixing things for you is getting to be a real chore HB. Please pay closer attention.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The good news is that the situation is being handled by competant professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians.

Zat so? Perhaps you care to explain to us how your analysis differs so greatly w/Sen. Feinstein's (D) evaluation following their trip to Afghanistan?

Quote:When asked if the Taliban’s capabilities have been degraded since Obama deployed the additional troops two years ago, Feinstein said: “I think we’d both say that what we’ve found is that the Taliban is stronger.”

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaOriginally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The scary news is that the situation is being handled by profoundly incompetent professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians even though mere amateurs are of immensely greater intelligence and vastly superior in their ability to assess and correct the situation. The taliban is dispersed throughout that society and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require only a very few strategically placed bombs, as directed by these extremely intelligent amateurs. .

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71... and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require atleast ten more years.

its a good thing then, that Big O just committed us to another 10yrs in Trashganistan

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The good news is that the situation is being handled by competant professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians. The taliban is dispersed throughout that society and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require atleast ten more years.

HB, in some of my previous posts I've given you the benefit of doubt but now I'm convinced you're a fool. You have obviously been brainwashed by the democrud party and can no longer function in society. Your useless drivel once was comical but now is thoroughly disgusting.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The good news is that the situation is being handled by competant professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians.

Zat so? Perhaps you care to explain to us how your analysis differs so greatly w/Sen. Feinstein's (D) evaluation following their trip to Afghanistan?

Quote:When asked if the Taliban’s capabilities have been degraded since Obama deployed the additional troops two years ago, Feinstein said: “I think we’d both say that what we’ve found is that the Taliban is stronger.”

Regards,
hm

Really? You are willing to accept the analysis of Sen. Feinstein on an issue? Desperation makes for strange alliances.

Originally Posted By: TnslimOriginally Posted By: HunterBear71Relax. The good news is that the situation is being handled by competant professionals. Really no need for input from amateur tacticians. The taliban is dispersed throughout that society and to kill them all would amount to genocide and would require atleast ten more years.

HB, in some of my previous posts I've given you the benefit of doubt but now I'm convinced you're a fool. You have obviously been brainwashed by the democrud party and can no longer function in society. Your useless drivel once was comical but now is thoroughly disgusting.

I find this criticism troubling. I aim to amuse and provoke but not disgust or offend.

Back