Whats different between 6.8 SPC and 6.8SPC II

"The ogive" and twist rate.

The longer throat length (specI 0.064) to (specII 0.105) and a 1-10, 1-11 and 1-12 twist rate.
I like the 1-10 I shoot 115gr bullets. I Buy them at Silver State Ammo.
Bullets should be crimped. 1-12 would nice for smaller bullets @ higher fps.

Like .223rem and 5.56mm Nato chambers.

To get from specI to specII is to ream out the throat. Can be done by hand with a specII reamer.

They moved to specII to shoot high pressure loads. 60,000+ PSI. To gain more fps.
Silver State sell 6.8mm brass with small primer holes so you can load #41 primers. Best to reload

Remington loads 6.8mm rounds for specI (Large rifle primers). These can be shot in specII. They maked them for the 700 Remington rifles.
Silver State loads rounds for specII should not to be used in specI rifles. Chamber pressure to high.

Hope this helps.

Looks like a good gun. I had one for awhile when they came out. It had a 1/10 twist and shot great. The slower twists seem to be more for hand loading and getting the most of hot loads with the lighter barnes bullets. If you think of it as a 300 yard gun I wouldn't worry too much about the details. Silver state armory has good deals on several different loads. Mine shot best with the 110grn sierra or hornady bullets.

Thanks guys, the only reason I asked is because I have a 6.8 ordered from Mike at d-tech, I would assume that if I am getting a new one made it should be the SPCII specs "I hope" I may have to make a call just to rest easier.

Back