Do Tikka T3 barrels come free floated in the composite stock?

wahoowad

The Tikka website mentions the wooden stocks are free floated, does not mention it for the composite stocks.

Also, does the Tikka T3 (Lite) have a short bolt throw like the Brownings? Or does it go up closer to the scope like Savages and Remingtons?

Originally Posted By: wahoowadThe Tikka website mentions the wooden stocks are free floated, does not mention it for the composite stocks.

Also, does the Tikka T3 (Lite) have a short bolt throw like the Brownings? Or does it go up closer to the scope like Savages and Remingtons?

The composite stocked T3 I had was free floated. I believe the bolt lift on the T3 is 70 degrees. I believe the Browning is a little shorter at 60 degrees.

mine floats and the bolt will clear my leupold with room to spare with extra low rings which are the lowest available for the tikka. Sweet rifle with great trigger. My only complaint is I don't have two of them!

I had to touch one up that didn't quite pass the dollar bill test. Not that it was inaccurate, just being picky.

Back