true story of a fanatical democrat

Tnslim

A few months ago an old friend of mine was out of work and badly needed a job. I hired him for a sales position at a good salary and while out showing him the ropes the topic of politics came up. He asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican and I replied that I usually voted for the Republican candidate. He literally went beserk, starting cursing in a loud voice about how bad a president Bush was and how great a job Obumer was doing and ended up quitting his job on the spot due to his inability to work for a Republican. He also bragged that his father who votes Democrat would not allow his wife to vote as she was a Republican. I admit I was dumbfounded and slightly shocked by his reaction. Three months later I read a notice in the local newspaper that his house was being foreclosed on. His brother, who btw is a Republican, bought his house from the bank and let's him live there rent free. It seems that most Democrats I've met have been more than a little fanatical in their beliefs.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Those Democrats are a fanatical bunch.

I know many well,they get their economics advice and doctrine from NPR,and Paul Krugman.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71You could do worse than get your economic advise from Krugman.

You sure could; the king:

ATT00007.gif

Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki Joe Biden calls Jon Corzine for Advice Again, says he is the smartest guy he knows.

and the court jester:

ATT00006.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71You could do worse than get your economic advise from Krugman.

Paul Krugman is a fool and an absolute clown,he could not run a lemonade stand,he has been lauded and given awards by other academic fools (who could not run a lemonade stand).

Intellects whose desires have outstripped their understanding.
Friedrich August von Hayek

If you want to learn real economics (that work),read Milton Friedman and Freidrich Hayek.

It does not take a genius to figure out that the more Government taxes,borrows,regulates and steals from the private sector,the less money the private sector has to fuel the economy.

But what do I know I did not go to college .........

Last edited:
Yote, I think you know enough to accept the economic principles of Mises, Hayak, and Friedman. It's unfortunate that your political bias prevents you from considering the teachings of other economist who have contributed even more to our understanding of macroeconomics.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Yote, I think you know enough to accept the economic principles of Mises, Hayak, and Friedman. It's unfortunate that your political bias prevents you from considering the teachings of other economist who have contributed even more to our understanding of macroeconomics.

Well I glad that you think I have a modicum of intelligence.

Its not a political bias,its my experiance on the front line of the economy running a buisness for 28 years.I know bull [beeep] when I see it.

Paul Krugman cannot debate his theorys without getting personal (I have seen it many times),he is a man of small intellect and no experiance at anything except going to school and writing books on our dime.

Last edited:
Well, even some economist believe the nobel prize shouldn't be awarded to theoreticians but rather to practicing economist. I like Krugman but I'm a Democrat so I would.

I'm not an economist, but I believe no one should receive the Nobel Prize without first accomplishing something. Not based on what they might accomplish, like you fine man.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Well, even some economist believe the nobel prize shouldn't be awarded to theoreticians but rather to practicing economist. I like Krugman but I'm a Dumpacrap so I would. There you go bear, fixed it for ya.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Well, even some economist believe the nobel prize shouldn't be awarded to theoreticians but rather to practicing economist. I like Krugman but I'm a Democrat so I would.

Hmm,sounds like your the one with the political bias,if JFK were alive he would laugh at Krugmans dribble.
Not all Democrats agree with central planning and (and Krugman) as a viable economic strategy.

Back