Hillbillies with guns.

getemclose

Cant really say we know much, or do anything special. Get lucky from time to time and call in a stupid coyote.. Sometimes I think we just kill the "easy" ones as people have pointed out to me allot of times. Won quite a few tournaments too this past season, If you find find a pocket of easy coyotes they usually let you hand feed them.. it helps ALOT. trust me! Did take a few pictures of some easy coyotes for all your viewing pleasure.. Go out and blow on a rabbit call like we do and you probally better bring a camera too!
smile.gif
. We all like pictures
smile.gif

Heres a few of the 4 hundo that died to our hillbilly calling tactics!

sssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg
two days one gun one camera! 12 straight stands we killed. spanning two days.

ssssssssssssssssssss.jpg
stupid pair we located and howled in. Killed the male and made lucky running shot on female.
smile.gif

IMG_0115.jpg
another stupid pair howled in, and another lucky running shot on the female
wink.gif

ssss.jpg

oh we carry a camera too and have some "decent" calling footage. but I keep it pretty secret because im not sure i want to show everyone just yet
wink.gif

IMG_0129.jpg
Im pretty amateur with the camera so we call WIDE open prarie lands where stupid white ghost like coyotes come from a mile away and make it eaay for a novice like me to video them the whole way as they charge in without a care in the world. did i mention we only call STUPID coyotes
smile.gif

IMG_0112.jpg
sometimes we will even travel to the hill country! once again, more stupid coyotes and I dont like this as much because they tend to run from every single direction and im lazy and dont like having to look from side to side very much. This stand 4 came in and we got the easy ones that didnt run us over like seems to happen.. Oh and we dont really need camo, the coyotes dont seem to mind.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
This was one day of calling, shot a triple the first set, they all just stood there like they didnt know what was happening! silly coyote, you need to run! im shooting at you! stupid I tell ya.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
this weekend way like -40 out. Coldd let me tell ya! we did manage to blow on our call a couple times.. It was almost too easy. They just kept coming! One stand I shot 4! and saw 6! man they were hungry.. When I would fire my rifle, it would attract more! My rifle is like a dinner bell!
smile.gif
. who would have thunk it????

7-2.jpg

this stand we spotted a coyote from the road, rather then blasting out the window we decided we better walk in after him. we needed some excersice anyways. we dont walk very much
wink.gif
. Well anyways We walked in there and plopped our sorry butts down on a random hill. Apparently shooting 5 dogs on one stand is a big deal? We sure didnt think so, they just kept on running in from every direction. upwind, downwind, side wind, lateral wind, side lateral swirling wind. . It didnt matter!

18-1.jpg
Another easy day.. even managed a poor fox.. Called the hill country and sure did get ran over allot.. luckily marty is an expert at the off hand running shot. I just like to shoot the easy standing ones.. We make a good team because of this.. No need for a shotgun when you can just shoot the runners with the rifle.. Anyways I think theres a 10 picture limit on these posts! or else Id keep goin!

Kidding aside I thought id share a few pictures
smile.gif

Nominated for Hunt of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics Mitch. Love the tongue and cheek humor about them. The world is full of critics. Do what you love and and forget about the naysayers.

Keep after 'em.

Tony

Too cool. My coyotes must be a lot smarter, when they do come in they know how to dodge my bullets. At least that is my excuse.

That is some pretty sweet shooting to pull of multiple kills on one set with a bolt. Very nice. Oh, and by the way, if you would like to hunt some dumber coyotes why don't you let me hunt your areas first. Then you wouldn't have to so embarrassed about shooting dumb coyotes. I will learn me for ya!
smile.gif

Great Pictures....it's nice to see You thinning those Coyotes out,I'm sure the Deer,Turkeys,Quail and other "Smarter" Wildlife thank you a lot!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Do You give those Coyotes an IQ Test so You which ones are Dumb so You can take them out?
smile.gif
LOL
laugh.gif

I think you should give a look at a D-Tech 243wssm in an AR, since you shoot 243 already. Great work guys, I enjoyed the pics and story.

1 word.....AWESOME!!!! Let me know how much the video(s) cost......I'll take the first...I have to go to the zoo every so often to remember what they look like!!

Nice pics! I think it's safe to say it's a little more than luck and swarms of coyotes with a death wish.
rolleyes.gif

I'd love to tag along with you guys and learn a thing or ten.

You guys done good, Mitch.

As for dumb? coyotes. I've ran across a few over the yrs. Missed them on the 1st shot. They then ran full bore right towards me. As the 1st shot echo'd over their head & hit the hill behind them.
Priceless
smile.gif

Back