A Question on Control

Tnslim

If/when there is a major uprising in this country (when the working people have had enough of this government) do you think the local police, National Guard or the US military would take up arms against the American public? This recent bout of preparing for such an event including the urban assault teams going thru their practice/training recently has me a bit uneasy. The American public being armed with no more than hunting rifles would stand no chance of survival against our trained and well armed forces. If I were still in the military I could not follow the order to shoot our citizens. I honestly believe this day is coming and maybe sooner than we think.

I don't know how active or big the group got...I haven't heard much about them recently, but a couple of years ago there was a movement going around to establish a set of guidelines on the subject... You might look up the subject "Oath Keepers"....

It was only a reaffirmation that members, Military and Law Enforcement, personnel would continue to keep their oath to the U S Constitution and not follow unlawful orders that applied to U S Citizens...

I think it started gaining ground after Katrina, when citizens of New Orleans were disarmed illegally, but I may be wrong on that..

I remember back in 1968, after "Saturday Night Specials" were 'outlawed',,,There was a substantial discussion among the rank and file in the KCPD where a decision was made that officers would refuse to confiscate legally owned weapons of that sort if ordered to do so...Never came to pass, but the attitude was there...Not sure how it would stand today with this 'new breed' of officers (or military) that seem to be on the street..

There has been a continual 'dumbing down' even in that area when it comes to administrators issuing questionable orders..."Officer Discretion" has administratively been almost eliminated over the years....

OT, thanks for the good info. I spent the better part of two hours reading up on this and I agree wholeheartedly with what they say.

Sometimes I feel silly for being worried,something like that could never happen here,right?
Then I remember how disrupted things got when I was working in bad storm areas and remember that when only a small place like a couple of states got tore up.In less than 2 weeks things were so bad you could not even buy a pack of cigarettes much less gas or food.
When you think about it we are already walking on eggshells.It would not take all that much for things to get in a real mess.
If I remember corectly the story goes we still do not know who fired the first shot that led to the war with England and look how that changed things.

Quote:Sometimes I feel silly for being worried,something like that could never happen here,right?

in a previous post in another thread here in the church i posted about a vet i talked to who was deployed to Bosnia. he told me that his team went in to the towns to tell the people about the slaughter in the other towns and they said the same thing "It will never happen here" so the people never left. the people that stayed were all killed later after the US military left.

Tough to say really..the military is overall a politically informed group. Ron Paul's greatest support base comes from active military members. Ron Paul openly addresses the possibilities of occurrences such as martial law and the suspension of posse commitatus. At least you can find some comfort in that. I know I do.

Back