ICE agent killed in his own home.

Orneryolfart357

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in
« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

ICE agent shot and killed in Carson
May 3, 2012 | 6:47 am 01
A federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent was killed Wednesday night by a single shot fired into his Carson home from the outside, officials said.

The agent, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting, which occurred shortly after 9 p.m. in the 19300 block of Broadacres Avenue, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

A motive for the shooting was not known. KTLA reported that the agent's son was home with him at the time.

ICE agents and homicide investigators were at the home Thursday morning.

"I am deeply saddened to report that one of our ICE Homeland Security Investigations special agents died tragically at his home in the Los Angeles area overnight," ICE Director John Morton said in a statement.

"This is a difficult time for the family and loved ones of the agent, and for everyone at ICE," he said. "Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers."

It was the second fatal shooting of an ICE agent this year.

In February, a confrontation between agents at the Glenn M. Anderson Building in Long Beach erupted in gunfire that left one agent dead and another seriously injured.

Authorities said Ezequiel Garcia, 45, who supervised a document and benefit fraud task force, wounded Deputy Special Agent in Charge Kevin Kozak, 51, in his upper torso, legs and hands before being shot and killed himself by a supervisor. ETA the news is now reporting that his own 14 yearold son has been arrested for the shooting.

Just to add.... This morning in Petaluma Ca. 3 more agents have been shot "wounded" while trying to enforce an arrest. Details are not clear as to whome they were trying to arrest yet. The Local news hasnt released much info as of yet. I will try and add more info as it comes out. They have an entire neighborhood on lockdown however right now.

Last edited:
And the average citizen always thinks that LEOs, of most agencies, are paranoid when they go to substantial lengths to keep their home locations unknown....

When I was active on the streets, (especially in Kansas City) I used to have at least three routes that I took home that would allow me to detect anyone following me..with cut outs along the way, in the event I was suspicious, that would only confuse a tail...

Back