Sig Sauer 516 vs. Ruger SR556

CoyoteMan89

I am looking to buy an AR here pretty soon and was looking at both of these and was wondering what everybody thinks about these 2 and which one they would prefer. Any other suggestions would be great too, I am looking to spend about $1500 on one.

Thanks!
Colter

Both good ar's can't go wrong with either. If you want to save some money look at DPMS. I just got a 20" and it shoots great. Good luck with your purchase.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteMan89I am looking to buy an AR here pretty soon and was looking at both of these and was wondering what everybody thinks about these 2 and which one they would prefer. Any other suggestions would be great too, I am looking to spend about $1500 on one.

Thanks!
Colter

Hey Colter, what are you looking to do with an AR? punch holes in paper, hunt, a little of both or what? There are some very fine ARs out there that can be had for what your willing to pay but for the best advise you need to define the purpose of the weapon.

Will

Thanks for the responses!
smile.gif

Will, I am probably going to tac it out and just shoot around with it, might use it for hunting occasionally but very rarely, and will probably use it for home defense as well, what do you have in mind?

Thanks
Colter

Back