Atomic Butt Turds!

ozzy

Heres my first attempt at ABT's. I fryed up a 1/2 pound of diced bacon, done but not burnt. Second I roasted

a bulb of garlic, cut the top off and put some evoo on it. I put the garlic,bacon, 8 oz. of cream cheese and 1/2

a cup of grated good parmesan cheese and a little fresh cracked black pepper in the food processor, gave it a

spin and stuffed 18 large jalapenos, the largest I could find. I only had about 2 tablespoons left over of the

filling. Shared that with the dog.
smile.gif
This rack I bought will hold 36 but I wanted to leave room around them for

heat and smoke, plus I didnt want a blow out before the holidays! $14.99 for the rack and a cool corer tool

that came with it.

Alright, done and a taste test. I didnt want to over power them on my first try. The flavor is good but needs

a kick, I'm thinking a habanero and some rub in the filling. Over all I'm pretty happy. Oh and of course the

QVIEW. Enjoy!

abtdone.jpg

I ate half already, I'll let ya know tomorrow! Seriously, They loose alot of heat (SCOVILLE) cooked like this. I'll have a few with my coffee in the morning.
laugh.gif

The rack is a pepper roaster, I pick one up at the hardware store the other day. Mine only holds 24. Cant wait to make another batch of these, they are great.

Was just the benefactor of a large quantity of Jalapenos, Hot Banana Peppers, and Hot Cherry Peppers, so I was checkin the Atomic Butt Turd Recipe and the [beeep] Blasters recipes out.

Wife said they both sounded good, and when I mentioned the pepper racks she said they sounded really cool. Quick shopping trip on the net, and I showed it to her.

Pepper Roaster Racks are available on Amazon.com in a number of different configurations, 18, 22, 24, and 36 holes. Including one (22 hole) that's shaped like a jalapeno! There are several different pepper corers, for seeding and coring the pepper, on there as well. The 36 hole rack on Amazon, comes with a cheap corer for $14. Or, it suggests the 36 hole rack w/corer, a better corer, and the Texas Pepper Cookbook for $28 and change. Should be here Tuesday!!

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Back