6AR turbo

midwestpredator

Anybody have info on this round? Ballistics? Energy? Id prob stick with 70-80gr hp bullets. How would it compare to 6dti or 6woa or any other similar variant? Im looking for a good deer/antelope round for an AR

Thanks

I'd skip on over to 6mmar.com they have a good bit of data there for the 6mmar and 6ar turbo.

It seems similar to the 6DTI. Best I can tell the main difference is the turbo uses grendel brass, which is shorter than the 6.8SPC brass the DTI uses. This allows for longer, heavier bullets to be used in the turbo.

I didn't see them really talk about the use of anything other than 105/108 gr Bergers.

ETA: Depending on what range you are planning on taking deer sized game at, the turbo may give you a slight advantage carrying more energy farther down range.

Last edited:
I ordered one last week T40 IMP. This will take the place of my 223. I did not change much on the build but did put the heavy upper receiver with side charge handle on it but it comes off if you do not want to use it. I wanted a more ridged receiver. They will shoot 80-108 gr. there is some 75 v-max used for varmit hunting. It's a fire form with the turbos and you have get dies through Robert Whitley the maker. Study the Turbo and the T40 IMP not much difference in velocity. I wasn't after speed but proven accuracy with a 6mm bullet. I liked everything about the cartridge. It takes 10-12 weeks after order is finalized. It is a small family business and payment is done through the mail no credit cards. Kind of slow but nice folks to do bussiness with, Robert knows his stuff.

Back