Justice For Ernest?

I would not have shot Erenest if as shown in the vid he was outside and messing with the window. The reason is I would not felt in danger yet if I saw no gun. Even if he did intend to break in and was a thug and needed shooting I am not that eager to live with killing someone.I lived in an apt with a sliding door.You could pick up on the door and open it. I usually put a pice of pool que in the track but this time I was really tired having worked back to back 10 hour shifts and just floped down on the couch.I heard someone open the door.I jumped up and pulled my pistol out of my back pocket and when they opened the curtain I was pointing it at the first ones head.He had one foot in my house.He began rapidly explaining he thought his friend still lived there and did not mean to break in on me.The other two backed his story and begged me not to shoot.I told them to go and they did.I don't know if they told me the truth or not.I did not see a weapon.I am glad I did not kill anyone whatever the case.I was a man living alone.If I had had someone to protect I don't know what I would have done.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71I've read that. Keep in mind that Dershowitz is a staunch proponent of the defense. Any defense. I seriously doubt he has as much knowledge of the case or of the Florida judicial system as the prosecutor. However, there is always the possibility that he is correct.

I watched the Dershowitz interview HB, he presented a very convincing argument; only the better portions of which made the article. He was very clear that it was going to be a complex and difficult case to try.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI would not have shot Erenest if as shown in the vid he was outside and messing with the window. The reason is I would not felt in danger yet if I saw no gun. Even if he did intend to break in and was a thug and needed shooting I am not that eager to live with killing someone.I lived in an apt with a sliding door.You could pick up on the door and open it. I usually put a pice of pool que in the track but this time I was really tired having worked back to back 10 hour shifts and just floped down on the couch.I heard someone open the door.I jumped up and pulled my pistol out of my back pocket and when they opened the curtain I was pointing it at the first ones head.He had one foot in my house.He began rapidly explaining he thought his friend still lived there and did not mean to break in on me.The other two backed his story and begged me not to shoot.I told them to go and they did.I don't know if they told me the truth or not.I did not see a weapon.I am glad I did not kill anyone whatever the case.I was a man living alone.If I had had someone to protect I don't know what I would have done.

I'm guessing either way, after they cleaned the seat of their pants, that they will all think twice before opening the door on an apartment and just walking in again, for ever and ever.

Back