Learned a awesome trick from a old timer.

hoovertx4

I have learned a great trick to getting the coyotes to come in from a old coyote hunter. What you do is get you a few pieces of charcoal, a empty can and some bacon. Ligth the chacoal put the bacon in the can and place over the charcoal and just wait. The coyotes cant withstand the smell of cooking bacon.

I can see it now, Hickory smoked vs Mesquite smoked in the east and west and do you need to use Canadian Bacon north of the 49th.

Gear:
Primos Bacon cookers and carry pouch.

Video
"Make-N-Bacon" 41 coyotes in 21 days with Oscar Meyer.

Sounds
Foxpros "Sizzling Bacon"

Last edited:
Might have to try that. I see you are from KY. So am I. Hunting central part of the state. What part of state are you in?

I am in southeast Ky, Here is how he does it, He parks his yamaha rhino and sets the bacon about 40 yards out from the rhino and waits, he smokes cigs and talks and they still come in, said he had already killed 37 this year by using the bacon. I am gonna give it another try this evening.

Ya, I'd be sitting there eating the bacon when the coyotes showed up. Then with all the grease on my fingers I wouldn't be able to pick up my rifle.
lol.gif

I knew there would be a catch. I don't have a Yamaha Rhino and I don't smoke. Yep all these years folks like myself have been camping and thousands of times cooked bacon for breakfast and never had a coyote show up...little did we know that with a rhino and a cigar and we would have been covered up with coyotes.
cool.gif
Now we know.
thumbup1.gif

In certain states if a Warden showed up it could be considered Baiting, so check on that. Otherwise have some bread lettuce and tomato with you, and say yer fixin lunch! It would be interesting to see the results from this.

The last time I ate at Denny's I was wondering what all the coyotes were doing banging on the doors ... they were everywhere!

In all seriousness, I'd like to know if there is any large hog farms close by where you're hunting? Maybe these coyotes have acquired a taste for pork ... It is the other white meat.

Back