Defying Congress, Zero Sends $192 Mil To Palestinians

azmastablasta

Yes, and rather than face Congress himself, he sends Hildabeast to tell them. Is this the same brave soul who single handedly killed OBL? Maybe this will open the eyes of his Jewish supporters.

Obama lifts freeze on $192 million aid package to Palestinian Authority
Funding serves ‘security interests of the US,’ says president. Congress blocked it after Abbas’s bid for UN recognition of ‘Palestine’
By Times of Israel staff and AP April 27, 2012, 10:34 pm

US President Barack Obama has lifted a ban on financial aid to the Palestinian Authority.

Obama stated that the aid was “important to the security interests of the United States.”

The US Congress froze a $192 million aid package to the Palestinian Authority after its president, Mahmoud Abbas, defied US pressure and sought to attain UN endorsement of Palestinian statehood last September. The presidential waiver means that aid can now be delivered.

The unilateral statehood gambit was strongly opposed by Israel, which said Abbas was seeking to avoid negotiating the necessary compromises and modalities of statehood with Israel. The US indicated it would veto a resolution in the Security Council seeking unilateral recognition of “Palestine,” but the issue has not come to a vote, because the Palestinians were unable to obtain sufficient support in the Security Council. They may yet seek a non-binding endorsement of statehood in the UN General Assembly.

Section 3 of Congress’s Palestinian Accountability Act, which applies to 2012, stipulates that “no funds available to any United States Government department or agency … may be obligated or expended with respect to providing funds to the Palestinian Authority.” Obama has now signed a waiver, however, the White House said Friday, and asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to inform Congress accordingly.

The AFP news agency quoted White House spokesman Tommy Vietor as saying the $192 million aid package would be devoted to “ensuring the continued viability of the moderate PA government under the leadership of [Palestinian Authority] President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad.”

Vietor added that the PA had fulfilled its major obligations, such as recognizing Israel’s right to exist, renouncing violence and accepting the Road Map for Peace.

Earlier in April, the Middle East peacemaking “Quartet” expressed concern about the “increasing fragility” of the Palestinian Authority, which requires $1.1 billion in financial aid. A statement on behalf of the Quartet called on the two sides to work together to improve Palestinian governance and expand economic opportunities for the Palestinian people.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/obama-lifts-freeze-on-192-million-aid-package-to-palestinian-authority/

I guess the Obasm doesn't think he's contributed enough to the national debt yet. He's got to try and make it bigger yet.

Smart move to provide the aid. The U.S. has been committed for some time to providing stability in the region. Israel would understandably take a hard line concerning the unilateral statehood gambit. Our primary concern has to be U.S. security interests. Killing terrorist and preventing their development; it's what we do.

LOL. HB you crack me up. You are very clever at apologizing for your hero, however, you forget who you're talking to here. We can so easily see through your duplicity. It appears you claim to have the acumen to pick up a turd by the clean end.

First your clown feels that as the dictator he is, he answers to no one. Second as Rocky so aptly pointed out we're drowning in debt. Hoover is spot on, if we gave the gov't an enema, zero would be the first turd flushed, then the rest of his crew. And last, if you and your hero were able to think logically and truly believed your final sentence, we would be killing the Palestinians left and right and preventing the development of some of the world's most persistent terrorists.
Now please go back to your room and leave the difficult problem of finding real world solutions to the adults.

Israel has had enough American tax dollars (and lives) spent on it. The money gave to palestine and all the other rat holes in the east are payments made so that they behave.. That's the security interest. Here's money. Don't attack Israel.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerIsrael has had enough American tax dollars (and lives) spent on it.

Is this opinion anti-Semitic or purely isolationistic?

Well, in my opinion 1 life is too many..and billions of dollars is too much. Since we've factually give more on both terms, I guess you can say opinion based on facts.

Just curious, how much lives and money is enough for you?.

well...scatalogical rant aside, the adults are finally in charge of foreign policy in this country. Obama(fine man) and Secretary Clinton have these matters well in hand. As Swampy points out, this funding actually has benefits for the entire region. Every criticism of Israel isn't anti-semitic.

I love ripping a willow leaf israeli patterned spinnerbait across the mudflats...wham!! The fanatic bass (mastablasta giganticis) can't resist!

We have thrown money at every little despot country in hopes that we can BUY their loyalty. Big whoop!! Think of Pavlov and his drooling dogs, only in reverse. Feed me or I'll bite ya!! So, in sissified fashion, we throw the rabid dogs more bones and they, in turn, see that threatening to bite gets you more bones. B.S. WHAT has Palastine given the US in return for the money? North Korea? Afghanistan? China? Haiti? Russia? ETC, ETC, ETC, ad nauseum. Those countries believe its their right to bleed us for everything they can, period!! Oh yeah, throw Mexico in there as well; and, the united nations.

So, HB, DOGCATCHER, RIMMY, UR8 and friends; what tangible support do we get for being generous?

Let me help you with that: Zilch, nada, and MORE grief.

How about you all demonstrate the value of our generosity????

Originally Posted By: hunterbear71Obama(fine man)

Keep practicing, HB, you'll soon be able to say that w/straight face.

katiecouricchinobama-1.jpg

Regards,
hm

I would have to concurr with Swampy on the latter statement... $1 invested or 1 life lost over any piece of that camel flea infested corner of the world, is too damm many. Those people have been fighting since the beginning of time, they will continue to fight as long as 2 of them draw a breath.

No matter how much money we pump into their world, no matter how many lives we sacrifice for them, no matter what we do to prop up their rat infested mosques, they are going to want to kick our asssss sooner or later.

The best thing we could do, is give them Obama, then send HB over there to try and convince them that Obama is a fine man, UR8^ could be sent as HB's assistant since he's convinced Obama's a fine man too. We could give it a few weeks, to see if the towelheads choked HB to death, then send the air force in and turn the whole region back into one great big sand dune!

HB and UR8^ would be matyrs for dying for their beloved chief and his cause, Obama would still be HB's hero but at least he'd be a dead hero, and the war in the middle east would be over.

No,no...I feel that a mission that delicate could only be entrusted to an individual with the pursuasive powers and verbal acumen of UR8^. I will be much more useful tirelessly spreading truth on the internet from my current location.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71No,no...I feel that a mission that delicate could only be entrusted to an individual with the pursuasive powers and verbal acumen of UR8^. I will be much more useful tirelessly spreading truth on the internet from my current location.

Man, I'm waiting with bated breath, tell us HB, when will you actually start telling the truth.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71 No,no...I feel that a mission that delicate could only be entrusted to an individual with the pursuasive powers and verbal acumen of UR8^.

But, alas, UR8^ has mysteriously gone AWOL, having last been heard from on 4/22 so we are all relying on you to step up to the plate and convince us that zero is a "fine man". I must warn you, however, you have your work cut out for you in that regard around here in case you have not noticed.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71No,no...I feel that a mission that delicate could only be entrusted to an individual with the pursuasive powers and verbal acumen of UR8^. I will be much more useful tirelessly spreading truth on the internet from my current location.

Dang HB... You telling us you don't love Obama that much?!
lol.gif

Back