Best predator hunting scope for 223?

Don't overlook the Hawke's. I have Bushnell 6500's on a couple of my rifles and I like the Hawke Sidewinders(30's and tacticals) just as well and are both great scopes for the money.

Check out the Sightron series with HHR (Hunter Holdover Reticle). Great scope for the money, very good glass and it has a simple ballistic reticle.

SII 3-9x42 w/HHR is $275
SII Big Sky 3-9x42 w/HHR is $450

I just put a Minox ZA5 2-10 on my 223 and love it. The glass is the best that I have looked through and it is very light weight compared to my other scopes (mostly vortex vipers).

I have a Trijicon Acog with chevron reticle - mounted on an AR and I couldnt be happier cause now I can hit running yotes. It was kinda pricey for my budget - model TA33-8 $865 on Amazon. It has at least 4 to 5" of all you guys that say nose to charging handle. The 33 series has MUCH more eye relief than the 31's I also own a Nikon Buckmaster - bright-ALWAYS stays zeroed - paid under $300 and they have as good a warranty as Leopold. I love v3's but Zeiss looks brighter to me (pricey) Nikon Monarch's are even better than Buckmaster but cost quite a bit more. A friend of mine for 35 yr.s is probably the best sportsman I know and he always says BUY THE BEST SCOPE YOU CAN AFFORD!

Lots of nice glass out there but the "guts" are whats important to me. I have 3 Nikon Prostaffs and 2 Leupold Riflemans in 3x9x40. They are certainly not high priced but get the job done. Never had drifting or tracking problems ever. Good mounts are important so don't skimp out on that. A nice 1 piece is hard to beat. I like the Burris PEPR.

Bushnell DOA 600 3 x 9 is easy on the wallet with a .223 reticle that has nice ballistic fit with a longer barrel.

If the budget is $200ish I would evaluate it. It is a little long and you need a high mount but shooting 1" or less groups is common.

On Calling rigs I like low power variables 1x4 or 1.5x6. As I find them I am using the 1.5x6x40 scopes most. With 60 to 90' FOV's even shots at 15 ft you can get the whole coyote in the scope and for one moving through the brush you can pick out opennings ahead of them with out taking the crosshairs off the coyote. On 4 or 6x a 300 yrd shot at a coyote is very doable.

Older burris signature 3x12x with the AO and light collector are some of the toughest scopes ever made, they have a thinner duplex reticle.

They run 275-350 on ebay if you watch, you will see them in really good shape...they are the most bomb proof scopes I have ever used.

Depends on your budget but as other have said a good 2-3 on the low end and 10-12 on the high end. I like Leupold and Kahles but may look at a Burris for my sons deer rifle

Low power variable magnification or even a fixed 4 power would work pretty good. I Am moving to a swfa 1-6 as soon as I get it in the mail.

Back