Looking for an adjustable flashlight mount for helmet

Mr Benelli

Got the EagleTac T100C2 ir flashlight and tried it on the alpha helmet. the middle of the beam is offset when looking through the pvs 14. Anyone find an adjustable flashlight mount holder tht works on picitanny rail or attaches to helmet somehow?

i think it might be better to just put the light on the top of the helmet dead center with a small rail...

or we need to find a mount that swivels fom left to right and up and down..

or you can mount three lights on the head and two in each hand
lol.gif

There has to be an adjustable mount somewhere that allows for windage and elevation.....just probably not specifically for a picitanny rail mount, will have to be modified.

You mean screw it right into your head?
lol.gif

Headband%5B1%5D.jpg

Who needs a helmet when you can use your noggin....
w00t.gif

Last edited:
After the mount is installed you are saying it can be turned or rotated left to right without moving head?

Here is the problem. The helmet moves a little everytime on and off and with different devices attached and how you are sitting etc. Plus you really want the ir beam to match the pvs 14. Moving your head wont work because then the pvs 14 will move also but this mount would be better than side rail.

Search continues

The mount is a friction fit. depending on how you mounted it to a helmet you could rotate it where ever you want it angled and it will stay there till you move it.

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: SkyPupYou mean screw it right into your head?
lol.gif

Headband%5B1%5D.jpg

Who needs a helmet when you can use your noggin....
w00t.gif

Why not just purchase a headlamp.

Ok here is what i came up with. I used this piece because it raised the eagle tac IR light up just enough to clear the INVG mount (I had a shdow at lower levels from invg mount) and I had it laying around. I cannot turn it left or right but I dont need too. I found this was the perfect spot for it. Unfortunately, I do not know where I got this mount from. Im sure a small rail might work too...this is only a one slot rail. I had to cut the screws and only used once screw in the front and one in the back (2 corners) instead of drilling 4 holes in the helmet and using all 4 screws. I didn't want to weaken the helmet in that area or crack it if i bumped a tree with the eagletac.

7155915570_967c13c3a3_m.jpg

7155915874_03bdce16b3_m.jpg

7155941310_55f6c61354_m.jpg

I found the mount on ebay. I tested the ir light and this is where you want it. Big difference from mounting ir light on the side. Plus its centered on head for weight purposes. You will still need a cheap ring to hold the light. Flashlight mount

Browning makes a headlamp that pivots up/down..Best part - $20 - batteries included. Last a long time and throws great light.

Side to side - God gave you a neck - use it sparingly.

or, you can gear up to look like the Terminator...

Back