243 95 Ballistic Tip

Any reason why you wanna shoot something so heavy for coyotes? I have used the 70gr BT's and if your a fur hunter I would advise against them as the 70's can make a mess sometimes.

I'm mainly looking for one bullet that will cover coyote to deer with the scope zeroed for that load. I guess I don't understand if a 70 grain bullet works well, why a heavier bullet would not kill just as good if not better.

If you dont care for hides and just leave em when shot then it would be a great bullet. I use it in my 6x45 for Antelope myself, but have not shot a coyote since I used lighter bullets for them in the 6x45.

Since the 90 and 95 b tips have a thicker jacket than the varmint weights, 80 grain and lighter, it seems to me that the heavier bullet would not blow the hides up as much as the lighter thinner bullets would. The higher bc would also aid in bucking the wind. Can anyone confirm my theory or am I completely off base?

Won't shoot sub minute of inside the barn in my rifle. They are junk in my particular rifle. May be a good bullet otherwise. Mine is a H&R SB2 Ultra.

Tony

the nosler 95gr. bt's work great for me on coyote,but if ur shooting them from some distance and you hit the shoulder plate then ur gonna have a softball size exit, but most of the time they just pass right threw

Tried them in my Rem M.700 and they did not shoot to my liking at all.

I would say a good choice for yote to deer would be the Nosler 95 Gr. Partition.

I shoot the 80 Gr. Nosler B-tip on yote and it blows a mighty big hole in them.

DAB

Originally Posted By: W. Chad Shultz I prefer the sierra 85 gr gameking for a dual purpose bullet

+1 About all my .243 sees anymore

Not saying they won't kill just as good just saying if you save fur better like fixing holes. The price of the 95's and only coming in 50 pills per box is the first turn off for me. I have tagged a coyote with 100gr SP and it was the biggest hole I have seen so far.

95g Nosler ballistic tip with 43.0g of IMR 4350 with a Win primer is very accurate in the Rem 700's that I have shot them in.

I would not shoot tripple shocks on yotes.

Bullets I would use on both coyotes, deer, and Antelope are

90g Speer Sp
95g Ballistic tip
100g Hornady BTSP

The 100g Horady BTSP is one of the un sung heroes of the 243 Winchester. 42.3g of H4350 with a Win primer is a magic load and great on large hogs also.

Back