Is This Worse For Romney Or Obama?

azmastablasta

Carter: I’m comfortable with a Romney win
posted at 12:41 pm on April 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Via Greg Hengler, I’m … kind of torn on this one. On one hand, it plays into every fear among the conservative base of the GOP about Mitt Romney. On the other hand, the statement from the man formerly known as the worst American President in modern times makes it very, very difficult for Team Obama to succeed in using the advice given by the only other Democratic President in the last 40+ years to paint Romney as The Mostest Radicalist Scariest Right-Winger Since Barry Goldwater Nearly Nuked The Nation. I’d bet, under the circumstances, that Mitt Romney will be happier than Barack Obama with Jimmy Carter’s assessment of the general election in 2012, or at least less unhappy:

I had to laugh out loud at Carter’s assertion that politics has gotten more polarized since his term in office. Democrats in 1980 tried using the same strategy Bill Clinton gave to Obama, only they used it against Ronald Reagan. It didn’t work, since the nation wanted a significant change from Carter’s fecklessness and economic malaise more than they feared Reagan’s commitment to conservative principles. The polarization continued all through Reagan’s two terms in office, perhaps hitting a peak in the awful Robert Bork confirmation hearings and vote in 1987. The difference was that there were fewer counterweights to liberal media outlets that fueled it.

The question that Greg asks is still a good one: If Jimmy Carter is comfortable with a Romney presidency, it’s a safe bet that a lot more Democrats will be, too.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/25/carter-im-comfortable-with-a-romney-win/

The saving grace for Romney is that he has a history of being economically successful and when approaching a private company that isn't successful, has the skills to tear it apart and either rework it to make it profitable, or disposing of it...

Hopefully he will approach the current government entities with the same attitude and skill...It would be nice to see some serious adjustment to the EPA and our potential for energy production..

He may have some other historical tags with which I don't agree, but if he can turn around the economy and introduce some stability to our spending as a nation, at least it will be a positive step in the right direction from the way we are heading under Obama...

the DOJ needs a serious house cleaning and the head of the EPA needs a trip to the woodshed. Neither will happen if zero stays.

doesn't matter who they're comfortable with. come november you have to decide whether you want to take 4 more years of this or try 4 years of romney.

bottom line is, one of those 2 will be the next president.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Romney is acceptable. He is very close to the middle of the road.

You said the same thing about Zero.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerJimmy carter and Hunterbear are comfortable with a Romney presidency. Thanks Republican party..Real conservative.

Well, swampy, unfortunately politics resemble a pendulum which swings as far one way as is possible, then starts the swing back in the opposite direction. Hopefully, we have seen the pendulum swing as far left as possible and it will begin to swing back in the right direction. You might as well recognize the fact that pendulums swing, they don't jump. We'll be doing very well to move back to center or slightly right therof, let alone jump all the way to the far right. A vote for RP is a vote for Zero. If you don't believe that, just look what Ross Perot did for us.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Romney is acceptable. He is very close to the middle of the road.

HB are you OK??? We need to send for an ambulance or something??
blink.gif

Back