War On Terror Over, TSA Still Useful

redeyeddawg

Ignore the nervous looking chap in the turbin, but that little girl is trouble.

Isabella-Brademeyer.jpg

Domestic terrorist.

Been there seen this in action... Flew out of Fargo, ND a couple years ago, my ticket got punched because I was flying alone and had a common name. Didn't bother me, told the TSA agent he was gonna love me, I was traveling light. Had 1 change of clothes in my overnight bag. He went through the motions, patted me down, went through my 1 change of clothes; did his job.

While I'm sitting there waiting they subjected some 70+ year old grandma to the same treatment going through ALL of her bags, questioning every bottle in her makeup bag, something in there set off there explosives sniffer, so they drug everything in her suitcase out, granny bloomers and all, for the world to see.

OK... so they are just doing their job. We're being tolerant, trying not to say that there is anything wrong with this still, it's something we have to face. And, I'm trying to swallow it all, until the only 3 middle easterners on the flight, 2 men mid-20s/early 30s, and one woman mid-20s, waltzed right through without a glance.

That was a wee bit infuriating! I'm just as sorry as I can be, profiling is not wrong. Never have I heard of a 70 year old grandmother blowing up a plane, I have however heard of numerous mid-20s/early 30s middle eastern men blowing up planes and buildings, and anything else they can find to blow up. Don't you suppose you might want to play the odds there, and quit worrying about the profiling??

Originally Posted By: pahntr760That's just asinine.

no! what is asinine is that we, the American people are putting up with and accepting this bull-[beeep]. when the [beeep] are the people going to tell tsa to [beeep] off?

Originally Posted By: sweatybettyOriginally Posted By: pahntr760That's just asinine.

no! what is asinine is that we, the American people are putting up with and accepting this bull-[beeep]. when the [beeep] are the people going to tell tsa to [beeep] off?

We never will. We are sheep who keep on flying and taking this junk in the name of "security". We the people deserve exactly what they are dishing out. We should stop flying until they do away with the TSA and hire armed air marshalls to ride the flights.

After 9 11 the American public screamed for tighter airport security, and other security. Homeland Security was created along with TSA. The people asked for it. The only way to get rid of it is for the majority of the people to ask for to get rid of it.

Over 2 million people fly on the average day. If the problem was widespread then there would be more than a handful complaining each day. So it appears the average person that flies doesn't have a problem, until they do nothing will happen. So you guys are just preaching to the wind.

Now you could start actively protesting the TSA, but that means writing letters, calling Congressman and creating a grass roots movement. Organizing rallies across the country, starting boycotts, etc.. But that means spending time, lots of your time working on the project along with spending a lot of your money because at the beginning your money will be needed to finance the grass roots organization for phones, for posters, for mailings etc..

The ball is in your court, either play ball or keep on whining.

Originally Posted By: meat hunterOriginally Posted By: sweatybettyOriginally Posted By: pahntr760That's just asinine.

We never will. We are sheep who keep on flying and taking this junk in the name of "security". We the people deserve exactly what they are dishing out. We should stop flying until they do away with the TSA and hire armed air marshalls to ride the flights.

I won't fly and I haven't for 5 years or so. Drove to California just so I didn't have to step foot in an airport.

I agree Irish. I have flown 2-3 days a week for the past 20 yrs to see customers around this great country, although I recently retired. Over the years I accumulated many free flights due to massive amounts of air miles which made family vacations much more fun. I have seen such frustrating things from TSA that just pissed me off to no end. I will never step on a plane again.

The biggest question I have is, how many terrorists has the TSA actually caught? I mean, do you ever hear about them catching anyone??

So I went searching and found this...

Quote:Whether Or Not The TSA Has Ever Caught A Terrorist Is Apparently A State Secret

from the which-means-no dept

We asked recently if there was any evidence, ever, that the TSA's security procedures prevented an attack on an airplane. Last week the TSA claimed, without any details, that its procedures had stopped 130 "prohibited, illegal or dangerous items" from getting on airplanes in the last year. But it provides no details. And, in a day when a bottle of water and nail clippers are considered "prohibited," it's difficult to judge if this actually means anything.

Over at Slate, Juliet Lapidos tries to dig into the question, but the TSA won't point out a single specific case claiming it's a "national security" issue. Huh? Actually telling us whether or not the naked scans and crotch grabs catch anyone is a state secret? That seems likely to mean that the answer is, no, they have not caught anyone or stopped any attempted attack, and they're just too embarrassed to say so. In fact, Lapidos points out that, in years past, the TSA has publicly announced when it "caught" someone -- as in the one time, nearly three years ago, it found a guy who had enough materials in his (checked) suitcase to make a pipe-bomb. Of course, there wasn't an actual pipe bomb in the suitcase, so it wasn't going to blow up the plane or anything.

So, in effect, it seems pretty clear that the security screening process isn't catching anyone. Of course, supporters might claim that terrorists are too scared off by the screenings, so that's why we're safe. But that makes little sense. As Jeffrey Goldberg showed a few years back, it's quite easy to get things past the security screenings if you really want to. This is security theater, plain and simple. And the TSA must know that. Which is why it's a "state secret."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2010111...te-secret.shtml

Quote:Report: 25,000 Security Breaches at U.S. Airports Since November 2001
By Frances Romero | @Frances_Romero | July 14, 2011

Newly released Department of Homeland Security documents reveal that there have been 25,000 security breaches at U.S. airports since November 2001.

More than 14,000 of those infractions were people entering “limited-access” areas, while another 6,000 incidents included travelers who made it through security checkpoints without being properly screened. Congressman Jason Chaffetz of Utah, a frequent critic of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), is overseeing a congressional hearing Wednesday on the security shortcomings. “I think it’s a stunningly high number,” Chaffetz told the Associated Press.

But Transportation Security Administration spokesman Nicholas Kimball told USA Today that the breaches represent a miniscule fraction (just 1%) of the 5.5 billion air travelers who have used U.S. airports in the past 10 years. He also added that the term “breach” can mean a number of things and that “many of of these instances were thwarted or discovered in the act.”

The TSA has been under fire in recent months for several high-profile breaches. The most recent incident occurred when a cleaning employee discovered a stun gun on a JetBlue plane that had landed in Newark, having flown from Boston. In early July, a Nigerian national was found to have flown cross-country using an expired boarding pass in someone else’s name. And in June, the TSA concluded a six-month investigation at Honolulu International Airport, recommending that 36 screeners be fired for failing to follow proper security procedures in a recurring shift.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/14/repo.../#ixzz1tBmVsULk

Quote:

TSA screener confiscates 'wicked good cupcakes' after claiming icing might be national security threat

TSA in review
In addition to confiscating cupcakes, molesting grandmas, stealing valuable electronics and terrorizing innocent travelers by dropping fake bags of cocaine in their luggage, what has the TSA actually accomplished in terms of national security?

• NOT ONE terrorist has ever been caught by the TSA. Not a single one.

• The civil rights of Americans have been grossly violated by the TSA on an ongoing basis.

• The TSA has served as a model for other tyrannical regimes around the world who are now copying the TSA's tactics for their own inhumane police squads.

• The U.S. tourism industry has seen its revenue plummet thanks to the TSA, effectively putting tens of thousands of people out of work and making the USA the laughing stock of the world.

• The TSA has grown to become a bloated, criminal-minded group of thuggish, bumbling tyrants who now number more than 65,000, making it larger than the Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Energy and the State Department combined!

• TSA employees are not "sworn officers" of any kind. Yet they run around flashing their badges and even allegedly raping women by invoking their false authority (http://www.infowars.com/nightly-news-paul-watson-reports-on-tsa-worke...).

To real cops, real FBI agents and real law enforcement officers, TSA screeners are a complete joke. But they are hungry, so you may have to hide any delicious-looking foods to prevent TSA agents from "confiscating" them.

"That there ice cream cone looks like it could be a bomb," says a TSA goon. "Is it chocolate chip?"

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034482_TSA_cupcakes_airport_security.html#ixzz1tBrCqNAT

On the other hand,,,Several (6?) TSA Screeners were discovered in Los Angeles allowing large quantities of drugs to be given a pass through the check points... It was initially discovered when the drug courier attempted to go through the wrong check point...

Quote:
TSA’s Top 10 Finds for 2011
Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sometimes our Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is the Rodney Dangerfield of federal agencies due to the unpopularity of its newly intimate approach to air passenger screening, and the dearth of actual terrorists apprehended by this bad theater. But in 2011 the TSA really did do more than score cupcakes and identify 13,267 transvestites, 73,167 people with holes in their socks, and three natural blondes.

In fact, although TSA did not have any terrorist scalps to hang on the trophy pole, it has put out some stats for 2011, and a Top Ten List of what they regard as good catches.

Without judging whether the whole program encroaches on the 4th Amendment sans tangible benefit, or is actually working as a deterrent because it has caught no terrorists trying to breach the legendary 20 layers of security, here is the TSA’s Top Ten list of “good catches” for 2011. All are interesting, and some of them even had possible bearing on the safety of the aircraft.

10. Snakes, turtles, and birds were found at Miami (MIA) and Los Angeles (LAX). These were being imported in violation of laws enforced by ICE, USFWS, and possibly USDA – not sure what they had to due with the safety of aircraft.

9. A science project shut down a checkpoint at Omaha (OMA), as it looked suspicious to a TSA agent who evidently did not understand the science behind it.

8. An “artfully concealed” nonmetallic martial arts weapon called a “tactical spike” was found in the sock of a passenger at Pensacola (PNS) after being screened by a body scanner. Why it was called a “martial arts weapon” or why the dip didn’t just carry a 50-cent ballpoint pen if he felt compelled to poke someone, we do not know.

7. Inert landmines were found at Salt Lake City (SLC). If somebody is too dumb to know that a dummy land mine is going to scare people, is he smart enough to know it’s really a dummy?

6. A stun gun disguised as a smart phone was found at Los Angeles (LAX). Is that an electronic device you have to shut off for takeoff and landing?

5. A flare gun with seven flares was found in a passenger’s carry-on bag at Norfolk (ORF). That’s what his fellow passengers need, a hot flare fired into the liquor cabinet.

4. Two throwing knives concealed in hollowed-out book were found at Washington National (DCA). Let me just point out that this was not a Paladin book.

3. More than 1,200 firearms were discovered at various TSA checkpoints across the nation in 2011. Many guns were found loaded with rounds in the chamber. Most passengers simply stated they forgot they had a gun in their bag. We are in favor of CCWs – but not by people too stupid to remember they are packin’ heat.

2. A loaded .380 pistol was found strapped to passenger’s ankle with the body scanner at Detroit (DTW). Yup, he “forgot it was there.” But, then, he was 76 years old, and it was Detroit.

1. Small chunks of C-4 explosive were found in passenger’s checked luggage in Yuma (YUM). He said he was bringing it home to show his family. Obviously he has an interesting family. He could have bought MacGyver items in the gift shop with more damaging potential to the plane than the crumbs of C-4 he had . . . but are they sure it was C-4? Could it have been the leftovers from his stupid pills?

Nice to know that the skies are safe for us to travel!

http://paladinplanet.blogspot.com/2012/04/tsas-top-10-finds-for-2011.html

Back