Mossberg 930 follower stuck?

Shoes

Got a Mossberg JM Pro 10 shot last week. Took it out to the range and shot several mag fulls with out a hitch. Then after firing 4-5, the follower jammed up in the mag. The remaining rounds could just slide around without any spring pressure on them. Took it apart when I got home, no obvious defects in the spring or follower. Did some searching, saw some mention of SPX's having a 'step' in between the mag and extension. Checked into this and couldn't feel anything obvious. Most solutions I saw involved some sort of machining to smooth things out. I've loaded and unloaded a few mags worth of shells no problems after I put it all back together.

Any ideas or is this something that should just smooth out over time?

Both of my 930's had a slight edge between the mating of the Nordic tube and the Mossberg magazine tube. I just used a piece of emery cloth to put a slight bevel on the end of the mag tube and ext tube. No more issues with the follower hanging up during load or unload.

Hmm, hadn't though about trying an emery cloth. Most of the solutions I'd read involved a lathe. Might give this a shot. Thanks!

Look at the spring, is the end perpendicular to the bore of the mag tube? Probably not, tweek the follower end to be square to the follower and problem solved.

Were you also able to load all 9 rds in the magazine? They have been known to have extra long springs preventing people from loading the maximum number of rds.

I'll have to look at the spring again, but that is something I did not check last time.

I can get all 9 in the mag.

Back