The Hair On the Back Of My Neck Just Stood Up

Originally Posted By: swampwalker Once the world realizes that the dollar is as valuable as toilet paper, it will be dropped as the world reserve currency. Once this happens, your life as you know it will be over.

This is one of my greatest fears, swampy.

I began to see the direction that "hope and change" was taking this country very early on and had the feeling that the country was intentionally being sold down the economic river. Had no idea it would be so drastic a change and the extent of the damage that has been done in three short years.

Hyper inflation is an unavoidable consequence of totally irresponsible spending by a government gone wild. One is left to guess or reason out the motivation behind such madness. I have my own ideas but will leave that unsaid.

These are, indeed, troubling times. I've lived through many national crises, my first recollection of such being WWII, and can honestly say that for the first time in my life, I fear for my country. God help us if 0 wins re-election.

Regards,
hm

Doesnt the military already have urban like mock settings to train in? Why do they need to use populated cities? Just doesnt smell right to me.

OT those people you speak of count on the police to protect them,but we know that we don't have enough police to take care of a bad snow storm. As committed as a police man may be he can only be one place at a time and travel can become really tough in short order.In the past I have worked in storm areas many times.The company would send me in before the crews to bird dog damage and you just could not get anywhere.You could drive for an hour going to a community then find the road blocked.I once spent two days trying to find a way into a community in SC.The point is communities will be cut off from each other.

Most police now use Computer Aided Dispatch and it automatically prioritizes calls in order of importance...

There were many times of an ordinary day when, as a field supervisor, I was being advised of "Status 0" and had to authorize the holding of the next call, or pulling an officer off of an activity that he was already handling....

Even going to 12 hour shifts in trying times was not much relief and if an officer is held over more than 12 hours, his judgment and reflexes slow considerably to the point that he's not safe to have in an emergency situation...

As they say,,,"When seconds count, the police are minutes away."

I think many have a erroneous view of what the police can do for you in a rural setting where long bad roads are between them and you,and that is just the kind of place people of gangs would be looking for.I just hope I might be able to make the plan more costly than they were willing to keep up and they would move on in search of easier pickings.
I hope the police dispatch works better than ours did.When they went automated they would have trucks passing each other,two trucks on the same street and so on.It did not work worth a flip,but they had invested so much in the system they had to stick with it and pretend it worked great.

Good points tnshootist but I don't see gangs invading rural areas. Most gangbangers live in larger urban areas and I think they would feel out of place in a rural setting just as I would feel if in a large city. If/when the shtf I think the larger cities would see more action. I agree that the popo could only investigate rather than protect.

Quote:I don't see gangs invading rural areas....I think that might depend on just how far out in the sticks you are actually located....

Small towns that surround the larger metro areas will be easy pickings for the first wave...Most of the inner city areas will be burned and looted rather quickly and transportation will not be a problem for those that are looking for more...

If you are one of those people that live out on a series of gravel country roads, you may not be in the immediate thrust of any looting, unless they happen to see you in town and follow you, or a family member, home and that may depend on the vehicle that you drive and any signs of affluency...

There is suppose to be a NATO G20/G8 meeting in Chicago this year. My bet is the military is practicing crowd/riot control for the event.

Swampy you may be correct,makes sense.Hope it is something like that.
Slim you may be right also.I don't think gangs would hit the countryside till resources run short in town,but that wont take long.
There is a crossroad in a system in East Va that the gangs out of Richmond would meet at to have a shootout.They shot up the communication cables everything they had one of these meets.Everything around there is full of bullet holes.So going out of town is not something they don't think about. Farms with their own gas tanks for example would be prime targets to take over for a base to operate out of.

I seriously doubt it had anything to do with any summit meeting. As Stu stated, the use of the military in that kind of situation would be illegal. And don't expect any coherent explanation from the gov't goons. Relax folks, move along, just routine training,blah, blah, blah. If it was due to any upcoming event, what event was occurring in L.A 3 months ago? They think we're all naive. Anyone else starting to see a pattern develop here?

LAPD: Joint Military Drills In Downtown LA Won’t Disrupt Public’s ‘Daily Routines’
January 24, 2012 9:56 AM

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — If you notice a heavy military presence around downtown Los Angeles this week, don’t be alarmed — it’s only a drill.

Joint military training exercises will be held evenings through Thursday, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The LAPD will be providing support for the exercises, which will also be held in other portions of the greater Los Angeles area, police said.

Training sites “have been carefully selected to ensure the event does not negatively impact the citizens of Los Angeles and their daily routine,” a department official said.

The training, which a department official said would involve helicopters, has been coordinated with local authorities and owners of the
training sites, police said.

Police said safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and military personnel involved.

The exercises are closed to the public, police said.

The exercises are designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements, police said.and if you believe that I'm still trying to sell my swampland in Yuma

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/2...daily-routines/

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaAnyone else starting to see a pattern develop here?

The pattern is very troubling and it seems just spread out enough, on a time and geographic basis, that most of the public feedback is, "It's probably just something routine...."

If you aren't a teenager and don't live right around a military base, when was the last time you remember these types of "exercises" happening?

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:I don't see gangs invading rural areas....I think that might depend on just how far out in the sticks you are actually located....

Small towns that surround the larger metro areas will be easy pickings for the first wave...Most of the inner city areas will be burned and looted rather quickly and transportation will not be a problem for those that are looking for more...

If you are one of those people that live out on a series of gravel country roads, you may not be in the immediate thrust of any looting, unless they happen to see you in town and follow you, or a family member, home and that may depend on the vehicle that you drive and any signs of affluency...

OT, would you want to be a looter in my area ?
Or a gang banger ?

Back