DIY bipod leg extension?

wahoowad

I have two Harris bipods. The first one is their 6 to 9" with leg notches and I use this 90% of the time. The second one is their 13.5 to 23" model which I carry in my field pack in case I need to shoot over tall alfalfa/grass.

This 13.5-23" model sometimes is awkward to shoot with especially if I am in a sitting position as it feels like it needs another 2 or 3 inches, otherwise I'm hunching down awkwardly to get inline with the scope.

I'm thinking of making a couple DIY lightweight extensions to slip over the feet for when I need them. I think a couple short lengths of PVC pipe with a something inside like a crosspin to give it a few extra inches. Anybody made or seen a better idea?

I used a piece of steel brake tubing from the NAPA parts store to extend mine.

They are made up lines with flares and flare nuts on them.Just cut the flares off and make them the length you want.

Real easy!

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftI used a piece of steel brake tubing from the NAPA parts store to extend mine.

They are made up lines with flares and flare nuts on them.Just cut the flares off and make them the length you want.

Real easy!

Got a pic? I have round rubber feet at the bottom so am trying to picture how you attach yours?

I reused the original feet.If I remember correctly you just drive a roll pin out and drill the tubing and driven the pins back in.

The connector I used to tie the two pieces of tubing together was was valve guide that you use in engine cylinder heads to repair the heads.You can get them from anyone that works on cylinder heads off cars.

PM with your email or phone number and I can send you some pictures by text or email.

Alright, I picture what you did. I'm actually trying to do some kind of field expedient method where I can quickly attach an extension if needed. I tried creating short lengths of PVC pipe but that isn't going to work - too much wobble.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersI agree about the pics... please

Ok here you go........the sleeve where you can see the two roll pins is the length that the bipod was originaly.

I removed the pins holding the rubber feet.Cut the brake tubing as long as you want.Slide the sleeve (valve guide is what I used) onto the bipod and slide the new legs that you made out of brake tubing into the other end of sleeve.Drill through sleeve and install roll pins,same with rubber feet and then paint.

Done!!!!!

bipod1.jpg

Back